Sacred Heart Catholic School is a very successful and oversubscribed 11-19 school in Southwark, London. We are a Catholic school with very strong moral values and a traditional approach to behaviour and discipline; we believe in honesty and trust. Sacred Heart consistently achieves outstanding academic results far above local and national averages in every subject area. We also have an exceptional record of helping our pupils to achieve more than they think is possible: we are regularly in the top 5% of all secondary schools in the UK on Academic Value Added tables. Our excellent record of achievement is a testament to the strength, determination and sheer hard work of this community and this has been reflected in our most recent OFSTED inspection in which we achieved “outstanding” in all categories. We prioritise high quality learning and teaching to ensure successful student achievement. Our students are keen to learn and a pleasure to teach. We provide a warm and welcoming learning environment with a strong team of committed teachers and support staff. Student outcomes at Sacred Heart School are outstanding.
• Are you an enthusiastic leader looking to develop your practice in a new environment?
• Are you passionate about Resistant Materials and able to inspire others?
• Are you committed to making a difference to the lives of young people in Southwark?
The post will involve ensuring quality of delivery, assessment, achievement and progress in Resistant Materials at Sacred Heart School in years 7 to 11 and the promotion of an imaginative, extensive and immersive experience including relevant practical experience, visits and trips.
The successful candidate will:
• Ideally be a Resistant Materials Specialist.
• Have a proven track record of impact on student progress.
• Have experience of teaching the new GCSE specification and ideally A Level.
• Be keen to promote and further expand the subject and enhance uptake at KS4 and KS5.
• Be a dynamic, career minded professional.
For information about the school, please go to www.sacredheart.southwark.sch.uk
Visits to the school before application submission are welcomed.
Please contact Mr G Vincent on 0207 274 6844 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange this.
Please note: we may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn without notice.
Sacred Heart is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and aspects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Sacred Heart Catholic School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
An Outstanding School
Sacred Heart Catholic School is a high performing, heavily oversubscribed 11-18 school. The school is consistently in the top 10% of the country’s schools based on Value Added and has been judged as ‘Outstanding&rsquo...