The Grange School in Hartford, Cheshire is seeking to recruit a Head of Rowing reporting to the Director of Sport and Development.
A minimum 40 hours per week in school term time only, including early evenings plus some additional time during peak competition periods.
In term time, Saturdays will be a working day and some Sundays when crews are competing. There will also be a requirement to work some days of the school holidays for both camps and competitions.
There will be flexibility to take time off during the standard working week to balance out these hours.
Salary: Dependent on experience
The Grange is looking for a dynamic and experienced individual who has the desire to drive an already successful rowing club to the next level. You should have excellent leadership, coaching and communication skills and have a professional approach in a demanding environment.
The role interfaces with teaching, coaching, non-teaching staff, pupils and parents.
The Head of Rowing will also be encouraged to share knowledge and ideas with the sports department.
- Manage and develop the rowing club for future success.
- Responsible for the strategic planning and day to day running of the rowing club.
- Oversee the coaching and rowing development programme, which includes writing and implementing a training programme for all levels of rowers.
- Responsibility for a range of coaching staff which includes teachers and volunteers.
- Co-ordinate all rowing activities at the boat house and at School.
- Manage coaching staff ensuring they are fully supported.
- Oversee all safety aspects including boat checks, audits and risk assessments.
- Develop the racing calendar to include events which The Grange will host.
- Providing a high level of coaching and offer CPD to others.
- Organise and lead holiday camps during holiday periods.
- Develop community links and additional revenue streams.
- Organise boat and boat house maintenance.
- Developing clear sporting pathways for all rowers.
- Increase the number of students experiencing rowing within the school.
- Play an active role in the Junior and Senior School.
- Communicate effectively with parents.
- Manage a budget and develop a plan to upgrade boats.
- Report to the Director of Sport and Development, and hold weekly meetings.
- Publicise success and promote The Grange Rowing Club.
- Attend relevant meetings and support parent group events.
In addition to the rowing duties you will also be expected to:
- Share knowledge with other departments within School and take on a mentoring role where appropriate.
- Contribute in other ways to our personal development, wellbeing and resilience initiatives.
- Support and contribute to the friendly and supportive ethos of the School, in relation to all School staff, users and visitors.
- Maintain the highest professional standards.
- Participate in appraisal and staff development.
- Carry out any other duty commensurate with the post as may be reasonably required by the line manager.
- To be familiar with the School and Sports Department handbooks and support all the School’s policies.
- To establish effective working relationships with professional colleagues and associated staff.
- To strive for personal and professional development through active involvement in the School’s appraisal system and performance management procedures.
- Assist the ‘Most Able and Talented’ initiative and encourage applications for Sports scholarships at leading universities here and overseas.
The Grange School
Cheshire West and Chester
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 18 years
The Grange School has been one of the great success stories of independent education over the past forty years. The school was founded in 1933 as a Kindergarten and Preparatory School. In 1977, the Governors took the major step of developing secondar...