About the School:
The Sheikh Zayed Private Academy for Girls provides a high-quality American curriculum to 1,500 students aged 4 to 18, delivered by inspirational teachers, ensuring that all of our students are able to make the most of their talents and abilities. Our striking school, with its generous grounds and exceptional facilities, supports us in providing extraordinary opportunities for our students. SZPAG is accredited by NEASC and CIS.
As well as providing a top class education to the children of local families, the school has a strong emphasis on developing our students’ awareness of local culture, so that they can become the UAE’s leaders for the future. Our aim is to help our students develop a deep understanding of how their heritage and traditions can prepare them to face and embrace the challenges of tomorrow.
We live by our school’s motto: Honoring the past. Educating for the future.
The school is licensed by the Department of Education and Knowledge, Abu Dhabi. Our local regulatory authority operates an inspection system based on the Ofsted framework applied to UK schools. The school is currently rated as Very Good, with Outstanding in two areas.
About the Elementary School:
Situated on our joint campus, our Elementary School provides education to over 500 pupils, aged 7 to 11. With a maximum class size of 25, our well-resourced and spacious environment is enjoyed by teachers and students alike.
About the Position:
We are looking for someone who:
· is an inspirational leader with a proven track record of raising standards
· can provide strong, visionary leadership to the school
· has high expectations for the achievement of every child
· will challenge and enthuse the staff
· has excellent interpersonal skills
· is passionate about making a positive difference to children’s lives
· will continue to put our pupils’ learning and outcomes at the heart of every decision
· values and promotes a broad and balanced curriculum that meets all children’s needs
· is resilient, adaptable and able to deal with complexity and challenge
· will build on and develop our commitment to working positively with parents
· is an empathetic character who will be approachable and visible around school
· will ensure well-being remains at the centre of the school
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented Head of School or Assistant Head of School with substantial experience of senior leadership, to build on our current successes.
Due to the unique nature of our school, we can only accept applications from female applicants.
· Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s degree preferred) from a UK or American university
· Relevant qualifications in Education from a UK, UAE or American university
· A minimum of 10 years in education, 3 of which in a leadership role
· Experience of working in the UK or America
· Experience of working in the UAE an advantage but not required
· A clean enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check or police check
A highly competitive salary (negotiable, tax free) plus generous overseas benefits including accommodation, vacation flights, tuition benefit for school-age children, comprehensive medical insurance and visa.
To apply for the post upload your CV and a formal letter of application via the TES portal. The letter should incorporate why you are applying for the position and what particular attributes and qualities you would bring to the role.
The closing date for applications is 28th February, 2021.
The Sheikh Zayed Academy for Girls
United Arab Emirates
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Girls school with students of age 4 - 18 years