Heathfield International School Bangkok Thailand
Contract Term Fixed Term 3 years
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the Head of School at Haethfield International School Bangkok. Leading a strong team of teachers from nursery through to A level, the position requires outstanding leadership and managing skills across the whole school. The school follows the English national curriculum and is a proprietary school. Suitably qualified and experienced participants are invited to apply by sending their CV, recent photograph, 3 referees (one from the Chair of the Board) and a letter of application, detailing your suitability. Please send these documents to email@example.com
Heathfield International School is a British school following the English national curriculum from Nursery through to year 13. The school is fully accredited by the Council of International Schools (CIS) and is continuing with the accreditation cycle.
The school is looking for an exceptional leader to take over from the current Headmaster of 11 years. The person ideally should have a thorough understanding and knowledge of running a proprietary school and also have local knowledge and understanding.
The candidate should have the necessary vision and personality to take the school forward into its next phase and progression. Previous experience in an international school setting is preferred.
- The candidate should have the skills and attributes:
- Have at least 5 years experience in a similar position.
- Experience with a British style school and English curriculum with up to date knowledge. A good understanding of Curriculum Development across all school areas.
- Experience in an international school would be a distinct advantage.
- A Masters Degree would be a distinct advantage, especially in education.
- An ability to work to budgets.
- Leadership experience with a proven track record.
- Experience in taking a school through the CIS accreditation processes
- Ability to relate to people at all levels.
- Be creative and innovative.
- Have a cultural and regional understanding.
- Effectively manage teaching and learning.
- Promote excellence, equality and high expectation for all pupils and teachers.
- Be an excellent communicator with all stakeholders.
- Provide vision, leadership and direction in accordance with the school ethos
- Evaluate school performance and identify priorities for continuous improvement.
- Carry out day-to-day management, organisation and administration
- Secure the commitment of the wider community and ensure that all stakeholders are aware of all operational aspects of the school.
- Create a safe and productive learning environment which is engaging and fulfilling for all pupils.
- Works with the executive board to ensure policies and practices are adhered too.
- To ensure that the day to day school operation is carried out effectively and in line with the schools Mission, Vision and Objectives (MVO).
- Promote the school effectively to continue with the schools expansion.
- Help promote the Heathfield International School brand within Asia.
All applicants should send their current CV with 3 references including their current school owner or Chair of governors, along with a recent photograph and letter of application. Please send these to firstname.lastname@example.org
Initial interviews will be held by skype with selected candidates invited to the school, for the final selection.
The closing date will be 2nd February 2018.
The school has the right to appoint a candidate early, if deemed suitable. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.