Horizons Learning Federation are seeking an exceptional individual who thrives on challenge to become the Head of School at St Helens Primary School. This is an exciting opportunity for an aspirational and highly motivated leader with the energy and enthusiasm to take our school forward on the next stage of its development to good and beyond. We have exceptional pupils and a committed team that require developing to maximise their potential.
St Helens is an outward looking primary school with a real sense of purpose. It plays a central role in the heart of Bluntisham’s community, therefore a commitment to partnership working is essential. As part of a 3 school federation you will have the benefit of working under a strong team of experienced governors and a recently appointed EHT. The schools within the federation are close geographically which strengthens capacity to drive school improvement through shared initiatives and CPD.
Successful candidates will have:
- A clear set of values and moral purpose, focused on providing high standards of education
- Demonstrable experience of delivering results through motivational behaviours and leading by example
- Relevant leadership experience within a primary school environment as a deputy or head teacher
- Evidence of significant impact of leadership skills in current post and a successful record of working with key partners, both within and beyond education
- A systematic and rigorous approach to driving school improvement based on sharply focussed targets and evaluation
We can offer you:
- Strong strategic leadership and a commitment to achieving high standards
- A vibrant learning community with enthusiastic pupils and a hard working team
- A commitment to your professional development
Visits to the school are encouraged. Please contact the Federation’s School Business Manager Mrs Mary-Lou Tyler on 01487 841468 or email MTyler@horizonslearning.org to make an appointment to meet with Mrs Becky Ford, the Executive Headteacher.
Applications must be received by midday on Thursday 15th March 2018 and should be emailed to MTyler@horizonslearning.org
Interviews: Thursday 21st and Friday 22nd March 2018
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and the receipt of 2 references.