We seek an exceptional, dynamic and inspirational Head of School with a proven track record of successful school leadership to co-lead us through an exciting period of development and change. The Hub School works in close partnership with a very successful local specialist school. At this pivotal stage of The Hub School’s development you will have the unique opportunity to shape the strategic direction of the school by working alongside, receiving support from and being responsible to the Executive Headteacher.
This is an excellent prospect to take on a truly unique role leading our school which specialises in providing a broad, balanced and relevant education for vulnerable primary and secondary pupils, who have changing and often challenging academic, social, emotional, mental, physical and behavioural needs. We believe that it is every pupil’s right to expect excellent teaching through an enriched and engaging curriculum, in a safe learning environment, which will enable them to experience success reaching their full potential so that they become fully prepared for adult life.
We are responsible for KS3 short-term provision where our priority is to re-integrate young people to mainstream education (up to 20 pupils); long-term provision where pupils follow an appropriate curriculum including GCSE and other accredited courses (up to 16 KS3 pupils and 15 KS4 pupils); provision of education for pupils from the sixth day of a permanent exclusion from a mainstream school (number of pupils according to demand) and the provision of Commissioned Placements with “alternative” providers (up to 79 pupils).
You will be:
- passionate about education, with the ability to provide the best opportunities for all pupils
- an effective communicator
- able to demonstrate interpersonal awareness and concern for impact
- resilient and energetic, firm and fair
- able to lead by example with high professional standards
- able to lead the full school community
- dynamic and motivational
- able to work with a sense of proportion
- able to demonstrate optimistic personal behaviour, positive relationships and attitudes towards pupils and staff, and towards parents, governors and members of the local community
- able to move the school from Requiring Improvement to Good and then Outstanding
- able to demonstrate how to meet the educational, social and emotional needs of pupils with a range of behavioural and special educational needs and disabilities.
In return, we offer:
- strong support and leadership from the Executive Headteacher
- a team of enthusiastic and dedicated staff
- an active, committed and well-established governing body
- extensive opportunities for continuous professional development which could, in time, lead to further career opportunities
- high standards of behaviour and safeguarding.
You will be offered a comprehensive three year induction package.
If you have a strong record of raising standards and have a commitment to school improvement, as well as the passion and determination to make a difference then we want to hear from you.
We are offering the following opportunities to visit and meet with the Executive Headteacher and Chair of Governors. Visits are warmly encouraged – to arrange a visit or to discuss the role in confidence please contact Mrs Kerry Mould, tel (01482) 304162 or email MouldK@erhub.org.uk
Tuesday 15 January: 9.30am to 1.30pm
Wednesday 16 January: 9.30am to 12 noon
Thursday 17 January: 9.30am to 1.30pm
Monday 21 January: 9.30am to 6pm
Tuesday 22 January: 9.30am to 6pm
Closing Date: 27 January 2019
Shortlisting: w/c 28 January 2019
Interview Date: w/c 25 February 2019
The Hub School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and will be undertaken before a confirmed offer of employment is made to successful applicants.