Advertisement Head of School
Are you ready to play a key role in the further development of our thriving, multi-cultural primary and secondary school? A dynamic and growing school in the heart of Europe’s most vibrant city is looking for a new Head! The Berlin Bilingual School is a thriving independent German/English primary and secondary school with 370 students and 60 members of staff, offering a general course of education in central Berlin. We believe in an inclusive and innovative approach to providing education to mixed-age groups, and being open to people of all income levels. Our school also enjoys a high level of parental involvement. For the vacancy, the school invites applications from charismatic, qualified individuals with leadership experience who readily accept new challenges with vigour, and strive to develop the school in line with its mission statement.
Applicants will be first interviewed (by skype or phone) and short-listed candidates will be required to travel to Berlin for an interview. Interviews will commence the week of 9 October 2017.
- Assuming overall responsibility for educational matters at primary and secondary school (up to and including Abitur level), in close cooperation with the management team
- Managing staff, hiring teachers, and supporting newly employed staff
- Representing and developing the school in line with the mission statement
- Responsibility for communication within the school community
- Team building and professional development of the teachers
- Creating and coordinating teaching schedules and curricula as part of the framework directive for Berlin’s schools, the International Primary Curriculum (IPC), and the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (I/GCSE)
- Occasionally teaching classes and standing in for teachers in the primary and secondary school
- Working closely with the Hort management team.
- Management and leadership experience, including team building and school organization
- Considerable teaching experience, preferably with mixed-age groups
- Fluent in both German and English
- Educational experience in an international setting
- Familiarity with innovative, mixed-age, inclusive and interdisciplinary teaching concepts
- Second State Examination (Zweites Staatsexamen), or comparable foreign degree
The potential candidate must submit a recent certificate of good conduct (erweitertes polizeiliches Führungszeugnis/DBS disclosure or equivalent) before the hiring process can be completed. Preference will be given to candidates with disabilities if all qualifications are otherwise equal.
For more information, visit: www.berlin-bilingual-school.de
Dr. Inga Burgmann-Zamagni
8 October 2017
Please, address your electronic application to Ms. Sidorovska-Gross: