The Kibworth School is a popular, oversubscribed and high achieving 11-16 school with excellent modern facilities set in a very pleasant rural location in south Leicestershire.
The aim for The Kibworth School is simple: to afford our students the outstanding education they deserve and deliver to them every chance of the successes that should rightfully be theirs.
‘The Kibworth Standard’ strives for every student to be recognised as having talent, In pursuit of this in our first year of formal GCSE examinations we have shown that we can secure excellent progress that is within the top percentages nationally for both Maths and English subjects. Alongside this, an incredible 73% of our students achieved five or more GCSE’s at grades 9 to 4, including English and Maths. In English, 89% of all students achieved grades 9 to 4, with Maths students achieved 88% grades 9 to 4.
However, we are not a school that will ever stand still. We wish to empower all students to succeed because of our knowledge and mastery Curriculum, embedded within the ‘Kibworth Standards’ – ‘Talent, Knowledge and Success’. As a result, we are now looking to strengthen our senior leadership team further with the appointment of a new Head of School.
Responsible to Director of Secondary Education (Current Headteacher) the Head of School for The Kibworth School and Discovery Schools Academy Trust will support the Director of Secondary Education and the Governing Body in the efficient and effective delivery of the School and the Trust’s;
a) Vision. b) Strategic Aims. c) Corporate Plan.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- uphold and model the school’s values, developed by the school and the Trust.
- secure the realisation of the educational vision of school as determined by the Governing Board and the Trust.
- provide outstanding leadership, across and throughout the school under the guidance of the Director of Secondary Education.
- lead the implementation and delivery of the School Improvement Plan.
- work collaboratively with Director of Secondary Education, Executive Trust Team members, Chair and Local Governing Body and other staff to secure outstanding teaching and learning, progress and attainment; ensuring that the school provides the highest quality education achievable for all pupils.
The successful candidate will have:
- successful experience and a proven track record in a senior leadership role in secondary education.
- the credibility to command the respect of, and influence others.
- the ability to think strategically and someone who can work with the Director of Secondary Education, the Governing Body and others to enhance and communicate a compelling vision for the organisation, underpinned by a strong moral purpose.
This post presents a superb opportunity for you to contribute to the leadership and development of our high attaining school. For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Chris Gartner from our recruitment partner on 07595 646 645 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Kibworth School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The Kibworth School and Discovery Schools Academy Trust -
An 11-16 Leicestershire Academy