Required! - an enthusiastic and dynamic leader who is passionate about helping every child succeed and improve their life chances by steering our Humanities faculty forward on its journey to achieving outstanding outcomes.
We are a 3-19 all age fully inclusive Academy on an exciting journey to become an outstanding organisation and are very proud that in 2014 we received an SSAT award for our students being in the top fifth of schools nationally when looking at their progress across a broad range of subjects. We are also delighted to be able to offer state-of-the-art facilities in a new £36 million building providing staff with the opportunity to teach in a cutting edge and vibrant environment.
It is an exciting time to be joining us as we work hard to improve and bring in line our KS4 outcomes with those in our primary and 6th form phases which are already considered to be good. We are currently in consultation to become a Multi Academy Trust alongside two outstanding schools - St James’s C of E High School and Canon Slade School, and should it come into being later this summer there will be opportunities to work collaboratively within the wider MAT community sharing good practice and building on the much needed improvement work and progress that has been taking place this year. In September 2017, our new Headteacher Rachael Lucas will be joining us to steer the Academy through this next phase of our development.
We are seeking an experienced department head with a strong track record of leading a team to deliver outstanding academic outcomes, or equally an outstanding teacher with leadership experience and the required personal attributes to take on the challenge of this next step in their career. Preferably a History Teacher yourself (but not essential), you will be someone who:
- can quickly build rapport and effective professional relationships with our young people
- can enthuse and motivate students and staff to work hard and try their best leading to excellent progress
- can demonstrate a track record of delivering outstanding outcomes to all students irrespective of their starting point and can provide for all learners whatever their needs
- is prepared to share good practice and actively seek to continue to explore ways to improve both their own teaching and that of their team
- understands that behaviour management starts with the quality of his/her teaching in the classroom which will be 'always good' and often 'outstanding'
- will both support and hold to account colleagues and students that fail to uphold or demonstrate agreed standards
- demonstrates personal resilience and role models those personal qualities we wish to instil in our young people
In return we can offer:
- fantastic facilities
- a supportive and encouraging staff team
- opportunities for continuous professional development
- opportunities to work with KS1 & KS2 pupils
- a paid premium to a Healthcare Cash Plan to claim back contributions towards dental, optical and other medical costs
- 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to a Cycle to Work Scheme
- Access to a Childcare Voucher Scheme
- A heavily subsidised daily hot drinks allowance
- A lunch allowance for those colleagues volunteering to assist in lunchtime duties or activities
Please note that if the MAT is established, then all employees of Bolton St Catherine’s Academy will be employed by the new MAT.
For more information visit our website www.boltonstcatherinesacademy.org.uk, or contact the Interim Principal - Richard Senior, firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply please complete the TES online application form or in the event of difficulty download an application form from our website and email to email@example.com
The academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service. We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion.