Oporto British School, Porto, Portugal, is seeking to appoint an outstanding Head of School to start ideally in August 2017 or potentially earlier.
OBS is an ‘IB World School’ and the oldest British School in continental Europe, dating back to 1894. OBS is known for its warm welcome; its family atmosphere; its small class sizes; and its personalised approach. It is part of a strong local community. It was recently re- accredited by the Council of International Schools and was the first school in Portugal to host a successful inspection by the Independent Schools Inspectorate. In addition, it is a member of the College of Teachers, COBIS and HMC.
The school is situated in Porto’s stunning coastal district of Foz do Douro, ten minutes from the city centre. Porto is a UNESCO World Heritage site.
We are looking for an experienced and successful senior leader who is willing to give a long term commitment to OBS. The successful candidate will work closely with a supportive board and senior leadership team to lead the school through its next phase of development. He or she will also be expected to increase student numbers and enhance the school´s reputation for academic excellence, high standards and impressive pastoral care. He or she will be expected to implement the school´s strategic development plan and assist in the development and execution of a long term capital development programme.
- Have an impressive track- record of senior leadership in a British international school or a UK school, preferentially following the International Baccalaureate Diploma ProgrammeBDP.
- Possess experience of leadership and knowledge of contemporary educational issues
- Understand the complexities and opportunities of leading a school from Early Years to sixth form
- Hold a mature and incisive grasp of leadership issues including the management of change and the ability to work with and lead the Heads of the two sections of the school
- Have highly developed interpersonal skills and demonstrate cultural awareness.
- Have analytical experience and be adept with all aspects of IT
- Possess experience in strategic planning and capital development projects
- Possess excellent financial management skills with a track record of successful collaboration with a Business Manager.
- Have a track record of working successfully with a Board of Governors.
To apply for this position, sign up to Teacherhorizons and upload your CV (2mins) - here is the link: www.teacherhorizons.com . Once you have registered, email John Regan - firstname.lastname@example.org for further details of the school, position and the application process. Initial interviews will be carried out via Skype with face-to-face interviews at OBS for shortlisted applicants.
The application deadline is 11th December 2016 - early applications are recommended.