Head of School
Group 3 Leadership reference points 18-24 (60,755-67,673)
(NOR 370, 300 full-time in school, 70 children in Nursery)
Vacancy Reference: 839
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and outstanding leader to
join our Federation as Head of School for Sundorne Infant School and Nursery.
Sundorne Infant School and Nursery is a popular and successful infant school and nursery located on the north side of Shrewsbury. The Executive Headteacher and the Governors of Haughmond Federation are seeking to appoint an inspiring and highly effective individual who will motivate staff and drive the school forward. They will build on its strong reputation and excellent relationships, particularly the partnership with Harlescott Junior School, which is the other school in Haughmond Federation. We are looking for somebody with vision and energy and in turn, we can offer a highly committed staff team, along with the support of a professional and enthusiastic Governing Body.
We can offer you:
- A dedicated staff team and governors who are united in our desire to improve children’s lives through opportunities;
- A strong Federation partnership which ensures excellent working relationships with parents, the local community and stakeholders is at the centre of all we do;
- A happy, positive and vibrant school environment benefitting from children who are happy to come to school and want to learn;
- The opportunity to continue your own professional development, and that of your staff, while making your own mark on our wonderful school.
We are looking for somebody who:
- Has proven leadership skills, strong team building skills and is committed to excellence in teaching and learning;
• Is excited by the opportunity to lead and develop our school within the federation.
- Offers highly organised, managerial and interpersonal skills to be able to
effectively lead and motivate a large staff team;
- Have experience and knowledge of EYFS/KS1 and the desire to encourage and inspire children to reach their potential through high expectations for achievement and behaviour.
We welcome applications from experienced senior leaders with a proven track
record in working towards excellence.
We strongly encourage you to visit our school, meet our staff and children, and see our fantastic facilities for yourself. Alternatively you could visit our website to view the prospectus.
Visits to the school are planned for 16th , 23rd and 27th September. Please contact the school directly and we will be happy to arrange a visit with you.
To apply visit : https://www.shropshire.gov.uk/ and click on apply for a job.
Closing date : Thursday 3rd October
Shortlisting date : Monday 7th October
Interviews : Wednesday 16th October
Sundorne Infant School and Nursery is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check prior to confirmation of appointment.