The Lady Elizabeth School is a leading co-educational British international day school of over 1,000 students aged 1-18 years representing over 25 different nationalities. The English National Curriculum is followed through the School, culminating in GCSEs and A-Levels. In the Primary School the pupils also follow the International Primary Curriculum (IPC).
Located between Valencia and Alicante in Spain, and first established in 1987, the School provides an education for both boarding and day pupils. The Junior and Senior Schools are currently located on separate campuses close to the coastal town of Jàvea. In September 2018, the Senior School will be moving to a new, contemporary 21st Century facility on the same site as the Primary School on Cumbre del Sol offering continuity of education for all families on one single campus.
This new campus brings to the Senior School a wide range of modern teaching and recreational facilities, including brand new purpose-built buildings, playing host to numerous modern and learning-focused facilities.
The International Schools Partnership (ISP)
The Lady Elizabeth School is proud to be a key member of the International Schools Partnership (ISP) - a leading international group of private schools that provides an English or bilingual education for 1 to 18 year olds. ISP is a truly international schools group working in different countries, different cultures and speaking different languages. The group works across countries and cultures by working with each other and with other schools and communities.
ISP is focusing on growing existing schools in 6 regions: Europe, North America, Latin America, South America, the Middle East & South-East Asia. ISP aims to build on the local brands and reputations of these schools and provide them with the resources and support required to develop and grow.
The Lady Elizabeth School and the International Schools Partnership are looking for an outstanding leader to build on the success and excellent reputation of the School as one of the most prestigious schools within the group. The successful applicant will help take the School to its next phase of development and strengthen its place as the first school of choice in the market. Crucially, the successful applicant will support and encourage children to achieve their best, treat everyone with care and respect and continually improve the operation of the School. The role will preferably start in September 2018 and no later than January 2019.
The key overarching goals that will help the School to achieve this aim are:
- Ensure the School meets clearly defined targets agreed in collaboration with ISP.
- Ensure the School has an embedded, learning-focused culture capable of delivering amazing levels of learning and teaching throughout.
- Ensure the School works closely with both parents and students to meet their needs and expectaions.
- Ensure the School is able to clearly differentiate itself from its regional competition.
- Ensure that the School is operationally efficient.
- Ensure the School overtly works to support and deliver the ISP’s vision, purpose and principles.
- A good degree from a leading university.
- A formal teaching qualification and at least ten years teaching experience.
Skills and experience
- Strong leadership experience with ability and proven experience in management at senior leadership team level.
- Experience of overseas teaching or of teaching international students.
- Experience in and a passion for leading learning-focused schools.
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills.
- Experience of financial management, including the management of significant budgets.
- Experience of and passion for student recruitment initiatives and admissions processes.
- Demonstrable success in leading and motivating people to achieve and exceed strategic objectives.
- Experience of curriculum and learning data management and timetabling.
Skills and abilities
- Committed to maintaining the ethos of the School with empathy and understanding of the values, purpose and principles of ISP.
- A leader who can build on a positive organisational and learning-focused culture, encourage reflection, delegate responsibility, build teams, strive for continuous improvement and inspire staff to achieve their full potential.
- Well-developed presentation skills and comfortable with public speaking.
- The analytical ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences, acting as an effective ambassador for the School.
The successful applicant should:
- Be passionate about education.
- Possess good interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team and lead a team of teachers.
- Be generous in time spent with children, staff and parents – the role requires hard work and a professional attitude to the commitment required in a growing international school.
- Demonstrate foresight and good judgement in the execution of managerial tasks.
- Be confident and sympathetic in dealing with students of all academic abilities.
- Be confident in handling parents with tact and diplomacy.
- Be flexible in outlook and amenable to change.
- Be culturally sensitive and aware, with the ability to work with people from a range of different backgrounds.
Please download the information booklet, which is attached to this advert for full details and information on the school and the position.
To apply or for further information about this role, please contact Amy Bardsley, Senior Recruitment Consultant at TIC Recruitment who is handling all applications on behalf of the school at email@example.com. Applications should include:
Current CV (no longer than 3 pages)
A recent photograph
Letter of application
Contact details of 3 professional referees (including one from a senior person in your current or most recent school)
Laude The Lady Elizabeth School, Spain is committed to safeguarding children and will ensure that recruitment procedures adhere to safer recruitment guidance. Successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced UK Disclosure and Barring Service check and/or equivalent overseas police check where relevant.