Located 10 miles northwest of Manchester with excellent motorway access, Bolton Sixth Form College is a vibrant, highly aspirational, high achieving Sixth Form College of c.1500 students. A modern building with fantastic facilities, it is located in the newly developed education sector of the town centre and offers a wide range of A Level and Level 3 BTEC programmes.
Innovative and forward thinking, the college has a key focus on teaching learning and assessment in the college, placing the student at the centre of all its provision and actively encouraging them to achieve their full potential.
If this sounds like your ideal environment and you have the skills to lead, challenge, support and innovate then we would like to hear from you for the post of:
Head of Science
The Science Department offers a variety of study options including A Levels in Biology, Chemistry and Physics as well as an Applied Science programme. To support and encourage students to study science, there is a pre-professional science programme for those students looking for entry to a medical related degree and the department also organises a wide variety of enrichment opportunities to support the curriculum delivery, all of which have excellent student participation.
We are looking for an individual who can:
- Offer strong leadership and vision to this large and growing department
- Place a strong focus on making the department dynamic, forward thinking and innovative
- Drive forward change and enhance the curriculum area
- Offer a proven record of teaching experience and achievement
- Offer experience of leadership responsibility
- Lead by example - develop, inspire and motivate a team
We can offer you:
- A modern working environment with excellent facilities
- Salary commensurate with experience and based on the salary scale for teachers in a Sixth Form College which ranges from £22,934 - £38,364 plus a £7,000 responsibility allowance
- A discretionary introductory allowance for an outstanding individual
- Optional wellbeing days during the Autumn Term
- Structured CPD with opportunities for additional qualifications e.g. coaching skills
- Cross college participation in national events such as World Book Day
There is a teaching commitment within this post and whilst we actively invite applications from within all the science disciplines, the ability to contribute to Chemistry would be welcomed.
If you require any further information regarding this post, please contact: The Personnel Department Tel: 01204 846215
The closing date for applications is Sunday 23rd April 2017 @ midnight
Interviews to be held week commencing Tuesday 2nd May 2017
All appointments at the College are subject to the receipt of satisfactory clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service ����