Position: HOD Science
Start Date: August 2018
Student Level: Elementary
To raise standards of student attainment and achievement within the whole curriculum area and to monitor and support student progress. Have accountability for student progress and development within the subject area. To develop and enhance the teaching practice of others. Ensure the provision of an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for pupils studying in the department, in accordance with the aims of the school and the curricular policies determined by the Principal as mandated by BEAM. Have accountability for leading, managing and developing the subject/curriculum area. Manage and deploy teaching/support staff, financial and physical resources within the department effectively to support the department development plan.
- To develop and review syllabuses, resources, schemes of work, marking policies, assessment and teaching and learning strategies in the department.
- To actively monitor and follow up student progress. To work with colleagues to formulate aims, objectives and strategic plans for the department which have coherence and relevance to the needs of the students and to the aims, objectives and strategic plans of the School. To be accountable for the development and delivery of the Department’s curriculum.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Science subjects
- Minimum 5 years teaching experience in American Curriculum
- Experience of Head of Department role or leading department
- Specialized in Teaching/Teaching qualification for relevant Curriculum
- IELTS with min score of 6.5 in academic level or TOEFL-79-95
The American School of Creative Science (ASCS) now with three campuses across both Sharjah and Dubai, were founded based on the success of the flagship school International School of Creative Science to cater for the need of the same setting, however based on the American and the UAE Ministry of Education curriculum a unique K-12 institution that imparts academic excellence by providing modern dual-curriculum learning, highly attentive tutoring, and superior facilities – all within an unparalleled environment that fosters traditional values and develops well-rounded youth.
ASCS offers an education with a strong emphasis on Arabic and Islamic Studies. ASCS aims to provide a unique dual curriculum education second to none that nurtures, cultivates and fosters creative and critical thinking skills, academic excellence with strong moral values to develop successful and contributing members of a global society.
The school’s brand has become synonymous with academic brilliance imparted in a faith based environment and supported by its generously equipped facilities, making the institution amongst one of the most sought after international dual-curriculum schools in Sharjah, Dubai and the surrounding Emirates.