Aylward Academy is part of London Academies Enterprise Trust (LAET). Our objective is to provide all students with a first class education. Why? Because we believe that a solid education is vital in today’s world. We recognise that every student has different needs and that it’s our job to meet them. We not only educate students about life, we prepare them for life. Whatever a student’s ambition, we will give them the best possible start.
We have an exciting opportunity for an inspiring Science practitioner to play a key role in leading and managing our dynamic and supportive Science Department. You will lead the development, planning, delivery and monitoring of this curriculum area and engage effectively with key stakeholders in providing a high quality learning environment.
Our Science department is a very successful department with good GCSE outcomes and a huge take up at a KS5 offer of Biology, Chemistry and Physics ‘A’ Levels and BTEC Applied Science at L2 and L3. This leads to excellent progression into science related degrees and higher education. The department provides lots of practical’s at KS3 to generate a love of Science in the lower school.
The successful candidate will:
- Have strong leadership qualities and a commitment to excellent teaching and learning opportunities for our students
- A leader who can engage a team of colleagues, inspire trust, and implement the right strategies to ensure sustained progress
- Be committed to continuous improvement and development of the faculty
- Have the ability to engage and inspire pupils and build excellent relationships;
- Be committed to Aylward Academy’s ethos;
- Be passionate and ambitious about their own career development.
In return, we can offer:
- Excellent CPD focused in outstanding teaching and learning
- Nationally recognised courses such as the NPQML, NPQSL and NPQH
- The Outstanding Teacher Programme (OTP)
- Specialist Leader of Education (SLE) opportunities
- Opportunities to work within other academies across the AET/LAET network
- Shadowing experienced leaders
As the sponsor, LAET believes that all young people deserve to become world-class learners – to learn, enjoy, succeed and thrive in a first rate educational environment with the best facilities, the best teaching and the most up-to-date resources available to them. In each of our academies, you will benefit from visionary, inspirational and dynamic leadership and be empowered to develop your own skills with access to world-class CPD and Talent Management programmes. You will also be entitled to the following benefits: a health cash plan, vehicle affinity scheme, Cycle2work, childcare vouchers and Westfield rewards.
This position is required September 2017. Interviews are scheduled to take place on Wednesday 3 May 2017.
Closing date: Friday 28 April 2017.
Please note that we reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
For further information on this position and to make an application please visit: https://www.hirewire.co.uk/SG/1058184/MS_JobDetails.aspx?JobID=76585
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website http://www.academiesenterprisetrust.org/our-teaching-school/our-school-direct-teacher-training-vacancies for further details.