Tes are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational Head of Science on a full-time fixed-term basis from 1st August 2022.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an exceptional College that offers world-class international education for children of expatriate families from the ages of 5 to 18, following a curriculum based on the English National Curriculum, enhanced by the International Primary Curriculum (IPC). These naturally lead into the IGCSE and either A Levels or IB Diploma Programme in the Senior School. The campus covers over 74,000 square meters and hosts a range of custom-built, state-of-the-art facilities that provide pupils with access to the very best academic and co-curricular opportunities.
The Head of Science is responsible for the following:
- Achieving academic excellence in the Science Department. Responsible for the intent, implementation and impact of the curriculum in the Science Department.
- The academic performance of the students, including the performance in external examinations, of subjects taught within the Science Department.
- The behaviours and attitudes displayed by the students whilst in the Science Department.
- The quality of provision. This refers to both the teaching & learning and resources found within the Science Department.
- The deployment of all staff, the appropriate delegation of tasks and the effective use of all finances.
- The implementation of all school policies, including those relating to behaviour, homework and assessment, is in the best interests of the pupils.
- The developments in the Science curriculum, ensuring that they are consistent with the College’s broader aims and policies and are in the best interests of the pupils.
- The evaluation of staff performance, academic standards and the personal development and well-being of the students, ensuring that it is effective.
- The planning and implementation of actions to address identified priorities.
- To ensure effective monitoring and communication with parents regarding academic progress and behaviour for learning both in line with school reporting procedures and in response to specific concerns as they arise.
- The Successful Candidate:
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree plus a recognised teaching qualification e.g. PGCE
- Subject: A pure Science or Science related discipline
- Teacher Qualification
- Must have experience teaching the British National Curriculum
- A minimum of 4 years work experience teaching Science in high performing schools
- Display excellence in Science teaching
- Show a track record of success in a previous Middle Leadership role
- Prior experience of working with ESL learners preferred
- Attractive overseas packages for educators include a competitive salary, accommodation, visa costs, medical insurance, annual flight allowance, relocation allowance.
- Also, offer excellent professional development and career opportunities through their dedicated in-house Institute of Learning and their network of schools.
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity and 'Quick Apply' below! For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org REF KR1499284
Tes Schools Recruitment represents Schools and Academies across the globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher/leader for every role.
At Tes, we’re committed to supporting schools to find top-quality candidates and supporting teachers find their next job opportunity.
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting...