We are seeking to appoint from September 2018, an ambitious and inspirational Head of Science to lead a large and outstanding faculty.
Our students are looking for teachers who are enthusiastic and creative; make learning fun and challenging; and have a good sense of humour.
We can offer you:
- Purpose built and well-resourced Science labs with dedicated technician support
- Outstanding facilities and resources
- Bespoke professional development
- A highly trained and supportive team
- Very clear expectations, shared vision and ethos
- A range of personal benefits, including Cycle to Work Scheme and Child Care Voucher Scheme
- An Ofsted outstanding school with students and staff who are reflective, innovative and aiming to achieve their full potential.
We would like you:
- To lead the overall strategic direction of Biology, Physics and Chemistry
- To be an experienced or aspiring leader of Science with an outstanding track record of examination success and a track record of successfully teaching a science specialism across Key Stages 3, 4 and 5
- To be an excellent classroom practitioner who is committed to developing excellence in teaching and learning in this popular and high achieving faculty
- To have proven leadership experience and the skill set to improve standards and outcomes across the faculty
- To have the ability to inspire and enthuse your team with a positive approach to staff development.
Highworth Grammar School is an over-subscribed 11 – 18, selective girls’ school of 1455 students with 448 students in the sixth form (118 boys). We are situated in the South East of England, with excellent transport links to both the rest of Kent and London.
The school was judged to be Outstanding in all areas in June 2013. Last summer our A Level results placed us in the top 25% of schools nationally. Academic results are consistently high and Highworth is indeed a great place to teach. Why not come and be a part of our exciting future?
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Douglas Hall, Deputy Headteacher on 01233 624910.
Further details and an application form are available from our website. To apply, please complete an application form and return it to HR@highworth.kent.sch.uk
Closing Date: Monday 21 May 2018 at 9am
Highworth Grammar School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. An Enhanced DBS check is required for this post