Unity City Academy is an 11-16 Academy and proud to be part of the Academies Enterprise Trust family of schools. We are within easy access from Middlesborough and the Tees Valley and close to the A19 motorway.
We take from a very diverse catchment area which means that our students are at the heart of everything we do, and we challenge and support them to achieve their full potential. You will find our students to be engaging, proud to live in and give back to their community and are ready to learn – all we need is you!
We are seeking to appoint an exceptional teacher of Science who can lead and manage the department with dynamism and contribute to the development and achievement of the Science team. Applicants must have a high commitment to good, modern educational practice, be prepared to lead curriculum development task groups in their chosen specialism and have a belief in inclusive education.
You will need to:
- Lead on Teaching and Learning within the Curriculum Area;
- Have a proven track record of raising standards and of working with most able and gifted students.
- be organised, innovative, self-motivated and have a ‘can do attitude’.
- Provide leadership to an established team and report to the leadership alignment on the quality of standards, attainment and student progress.
AET believes that each and every child is inspired to choose a remarkable life. Our mission is to gather and motivate inspirational people committed to delivering an excellent education that launches children into remarkable lives.
Our values are:
- Be unusually brave
- Discover what’s possible
- Push the limits
- Be big-hearted
- Excellent career prospects across the network, with a culture of looking to promote from within
- Access to CPD to enable you to grow and development in your role
- Teachers' Pension or Local Government Pension Scheme
- Something we take very seriously is staff WELLBEING. That’s why we have partnered up with BHSF to provide support and employee benefits, such as a health cash plan scheme to support healthcare, discounted gym membership and a employee assistance programme
- The opportunity to use Google Suite, which allows you to do your best work, all in one suite
- Free car parking
Closing date: 25 February 2019
This position is required for an Easter 2019 start
Interviews are scheduled to take place on Wednesday 6 March 2019
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Find your remarkable, apply today, by clicking the apply now button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.