We are looking for an excellent Head Of Science, TLR 1b, to join our team in April 2020 and help us transform the lives of children. This is an opportunity to join the middle-leadership of a school where the ambition is a simple one: to become the highest performing school in the UK within 5 years. We serve the best children in the country and they deserve and will receive, a world class education.
This is very much the start of a journey at Marine Academy, and this will not be a school that will appeal to everyone. Please only apply if you passionately believe:
- Background or home-life is not an excuse for failure or poor behaviour.
- Every student should have the option to attend University when they leave.
- Discipline, hard work, consistency and routines underpin student wellbeing and happiness.
- That group work, learning checklists and 'active learning' are overrated.
- That academic rigour, challenge and knowledge acquisition are vital to success.
- That school leaders remove barriers for colleagues so that they can grow and excel.
- That leadership, resilience and aspiration are valuable characteristics to grow in children.
If you believe all of these things, are professionally ambitious and driven to transform the lives of the children of our community and City then please apply for the position of Head Of Science, TLR 1b. You will need to be a subject specialist and have a proven track record of leading excellent outcomes in this area. It is a new team and an exciting time to help lead a Science department that is ready to achieve great things.
We are delighted to be working in partnership with The Ted Wragg Multi Academy Trust - a values driven, rapidly growing Trust with a relentless focus on transforming lives through learning by delivering outstanding outcomes for every student, regardless of background.
With a reputation for highly successful school improvement in very challenging circumstances, we are passionate about driving up standards and raising the aspirations of all our students.
We would encourage you to arrange a visit to the school so you can see just how amazing our student are - please contact Michelle Samuel at email@example.com.
To apply and for further information please go to http://marineacademy.org.uk/secondary/staff-vacancies
Please apply by 11.59pm on the 21st November 2019, interviews to take place on 29th November 2019.
Relocation package offered for the right candidate, travel expenses paid for those journeying out of county.
Marine Academy Plymouth are committed to safeguarding children in its care; any successful appointment is subject to a satisfactory DBS check.