This is a unique career opportunity for an exceptional individual to lead the Prep Science Department (Years 3-8) of a premium British curriculum international school for pupils aged 3-18 in Thailand. The successful candidate will have a proven academic track record, as well as the ambition and capabilities to establish Denla British School’s Science Department as one of the very best in Thailand.
Denla British School opened in May 2017 for children aged 3 to 10 (EY1 to Year 6). The School will enrol pupils up to Year 8 in 2018/19 and then up to Year 13 (age 18) in subsequent years. Denla British School embraces the academic rigour and holistic style of education promoted by the British independent school system, whilst also remaining true to Thai culture and values. This distinct blend aims to ensure that all pupils excel academically and develop as able, well rounded individuals who are both internationally minded and appreciative of their Thai culture.
We want our Head of Science (prep) to be someone who:
- can lead science curriculum development from Years 1 – 8.
- deliver a broad, balanced and relevant science curriculum.
- has a proven track record of delivering well-planned, creative and engaging science lessons.
- demonstrates excellent subject knowledge in all relevant areas – Chemistry, Biology and Physics.
- is dynamic and will nurture a school-wide passion for science.
- can lead a departmental team towards a shared vision.
- will share and support the School’s commitment to provide an all-round, outstanding education for all our pupils.
- has a rigorous can-do attitude and will go the extra mile.
How to Apply
The Board of Denla British School have engaged EduReach Education (www.edureach.co.uk) to support them with managing the process of appointing the Head of Science (Prep).
In order to apply, please consider the details of the candidate information pack, complete all sections of the application form including the supporting statement that sets out your interest in this position, how you meet the requirements of the role and your ambitions for the school. Completed applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date.
The closing date for applications is Monday 2nd October 2017
Preliminary discussions with candidates will take place during September and October.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview during the week beginning 16th October 2017 either via Skype or in person according to their current location.
Please contact Philippa Ibbs, Operations Executive, EduReach Education on +44 207 340 8688 or email@example.com should you wish to arrange an informal discussion about this role.
Denla British School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to respect this commitment. The post is subject to an appropriate criminal background check and satisfactory reference checks.