A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a motivated, dedicated and talented Head of Science to lead our successful department. This post is an excellent opportunity for a Science specialist who wants to extend their experience beyond that of a Head of Department. If you have been a Lead Practitioner, outstanding Head of department/Second this post would enable you to maintain close links with classroom practice whilst developing your own leadership potential and whole school responsibility.
We are seeking motivated professionals who have a passion for Science and the learning of Science subjects. The successful candidate will provide strong leadership as part of a team to drive up standards and ensure good and outstanding provision and outcomes for every student. You will have excellent knowledge of effective strategies to raise achievement and excellence in teaching and learning and be able to demonstrate impact and the ability to continually drive improvement.
We can offer you:
• an opportunity to join our talented team as we continue to rise as an established and successful 11-18 school
• the opportunity to work at a good school with a strong Science department
• excellent professional development opportunities
• a supportive and friendly working environment
• a chance to work with our fantastic young people
• a rich programme of CPD to prepare for middle management and promotion to senior management
• a school that believes in developing all its staff and students to be the best that they can be
• childcare salary sacrifice scheme
• reduced gym and fitness class membership in our on site Sports Centre
• auto-enrolment into Teachers’ Pensions
For a full application pack and further details please go to the vacancies page of our website http://www.hazelgrovehigh.co.uk/page/?title=Vacancies&pid=21, alternatively please contact Mrs Hertel on 0161 456 4888.
Should you wish to discuss this vacancy further please don’t hesitate to contact us. Unfortunately we do not accept CV’s as a method of application.
Completed applications should be emailed to email@example.com by the closing date stated below. Sadly we will not be able to provide feedback to unsuccessful applications.
Closing date: 9am, 18th April 2018 (we reserve the right to close this vacancy prior to the advertised closing date)
Interview date: 30th April 2018
The successful applicant’s appointment will be subject to satisfactory references and Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Hazel Grove High School is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.