‘The conduct of pupils is positive. Typically, they enjoy attending the school and their welfare is well supported by their teachers. Ofsted 2016
Tamworth Enterprise College (TEC) based in Staffordshire, is a forward thinking and established community driven school that is within easy commuting distance of Birmingham and Derby.
Overview and career development recruitment incentives:
- We are seeking to appoint an outstanding Science teacher and leader who will support us in leading and developing our Science Curriculum.
- This is the perfect role for candidates who want to gain senior leadership experience and secure a ‘Assistant Principal role in the future.
- Access and support to follow middle leadership programmes from the outset e.g. NPQML, NPQSL, Teaching Leaders.
- Teacher’s in the early stages of their career are welcome to apply. If you are good enough you will be appointed. We want to employ top quality staff with leadership aspirations.
- We advise you to come in and speak with the Principal to discuss the above and shape the next stage of your career.
As a result of promotion we are looking to appoint into the important role of Head of Science. We will support the successful candidate’s professional development by ensuring that they are given opportunities to:
- Attend two national Science conferences, each academic year, with 65 other subject leaders in January and July
- Attend three cluster afternoons every year to observe lessons in other schools and share best practice
- Have access to the country’s leading Science mastery curriculum and assessment materials
- Receive support from the regional Science leader with at least half-termly support
- Have access to outstanding training, both regionally and nationally
- Join a fantastic Science forum, sharing ideas with schools all over the country
We are looking for a candidate with:
- A proven record of raising and maintaining outcomes.
- Vision, drive and flare as you join our supportive and forward thinking team of our Core and Middle Leaders.
- The ability to consult, devise, communicate, implement, monitor and evaluate improvement with a relentless focus on student outcomes.
- Relevant qualifications and a record of professional development (both formal and through appropriate experience) to meet the challenge of the job specification.
- A genuine commitment to making a positive contribution to the academy.
We welcome visits to the Academy, to see us in action and discuss the post. To book an appointment please contact Jayne Hirst (Business Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org or call
As the sponsor, AET believes that all young people deserve to become world-class learners – to learn, enjoy, succeed and thrive in a first rate educational environment with the best facilities, the best teaching and the most up-to-date resources available to them. In each of our academies, you will benefit from visionary, inspirational and dynamic leadership and be empowered to develop your own skills with access to world-class CPD and Talent Management programmes. You will also be entitled to the following benefits: a health cash plan, vehicle affinity scheme and childcare vouchers.
This position is required for a September 2018 start. Interviews are scheduled to be held as soon as possible after the closing date.
Closing date: Friday 20 April 2018
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV's. For further information on this position and to make an application please click ;quick apply' on the TES advert.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/a/aetinet.org/aetwebsite/our-teaching-school/initial-teacher-training for further details.