Willowfield is a successful and oversubscribed school at an exciting stage in our development. We moved to our fantastic new site in September 2015 and achieved our best ever GCSE results in 2017.
This is an exciting opportunity for an outstanding practitioner to lead our committed Science team. You will be an excellent teacher with a successful track record in raising attainment and be a role model for effective classroom practice. You will have a clear vision for the contribution science makes to young people’s education and this will inform your leadership of the science team and your contribution to the development of the school as a whole.
- ‘a good school’ – OFSTED, June 2016
- ‘one of the top 100 non-selective state funded schools in the country’ (DfE 2015)
- ‘in the top 10% nationally for progress from KS2-4 (SSAT 2015)
- a winner in the KS4 category of the pupil premium awards 2015
- a specialist partner of UCL – Institute of Education
- a partner in the Seven Kings & Whitefields Teaching School Alliances
- holder of the Investors in People – Silver Standard award
- holder of the Gold Quality Mark for Professional Development
Willowfi eld School as an aware employer is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults as its number one priority and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A DBS check will be taken up on the successful candidate.
Please telephone or e-mail for further details and application form.
Closing date: Friday 26 January 2018 at 12.00 noon.
Waltham Forest is working for Equality and Fairness
209 Blackhorse Road,
London E17 6ND
Tel: 020 8527 4065
11-16 mixed comprehensive, N.O.R. 840
Headteacher: Clive Rosewell