Our Secondary phase is growing and we are now looking to hire a suitable Head of Secondary to support the Principal in overseeing this phase.
Varee Chiangmai International School is a fully accredited member of EDT (Education Development Trust) and deliver CIE across the key stages. It is part of a larger Thai school and actively promotes Thai language and culture. The school is located close to the center of Chiang Mai, the bustling capital of Thailand’s Northern Lanna region: an area of misty mountains, Buddhist temples and diverse Hill Tribe cultures, as well as a thriving social scene. Chiang Mai has been rated among the top 10 most livable cities in Asia. It has a laid-back atmosphere, enjoys a tropical climate tempered by altitude most of the year, and, above all, is affordable. The lifestyle achievable means that most of our teachers renew their initial contract.
The successful candidate should:
- Possess a degree/qualification in Education or a degree plus a PGCE or equivalent.
- Preferably to have a Masters in Education or Educational Leadership & Management
- Be able to teach at least one subject at KS3, 4 or 5.
- Be able to support and work with the School Principal and School Director in implementing the school's mission and vision
- Have a proven track record in a UK curriculum secondary environment
- Have a strong knowledge of and a genuine compassion for adolescent and their development phases
- Have a proven track record in school improvement
- Have an in-depth understanding of effective use of data in raising attainment in a British curriculum school
- Be ambitious for self and student
- Be energetic, positive and has strong pastoral skills
- Have experience with timetabling and school database systems
- Experience with accreditation procedures preferably with EDT (Education Development Trust) or Ofsted
- Have proven experience in gathering and analyzing whole phase data trends to inform strategic planning and implementation
- Have strong organization skills
- Possess the ability to work with diverse groups of colleagues, students and parents, as well as different cultures.
- Have a flexible attitude as our school grows and develops.
- Be a positive and enthusiastic member of the staff room.
- Be willing to be fully involved in the extra-curricular life of the school.
In return we offer:
- A two-year contract.
- A locally competitive salary in line with other international schools in Chiang Mai.
- Housing support.
- Aetna medical insurance.
- End of contract bonus and flight support
- Visa and work permit support.
- A friendly and supportive working environment.
We will start contacting suitable applicants as soon as applications are received. Please apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the following:
- Your CV, including contact details of two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer.
- A letter of application outlining the reasons you would like to work at our school and the skills you would bring.
Interviews will be conducted via Skype for candidates not presently in Chiang Mai. Successful candidates will be required to provide a police clearance from their country of residence.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.