Head of Secondary – Doha, Qatar
The school are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious leader to manage their Secondary school from August 2018.
The academy is a non-selective, non-denominational independent all-through school with sixth form serving students from the age of 4-18. The school operates a dual curriculum – a British style curriculum alongside the Qatar curriculum for Arabic, Islamic studies and social studies.
The ideal candidate will be committed to the highest standards and can demonstrate leadership and management skills compatible with the school’s vision, mission and values. The Head of Secondary will be responsible for managing all staff, programme/curriculum content and assessment in the Secondary department and will also support in the academic management of the school. The post may involve a teaching element – more details will be discussed at interview stage.
Qualifications and Experience
To be considered for the post you will have:
- Recognised Teaching qualification (B.Ed. / PGCE or equivalent)
- Significant knowledge and experience of the English National Curriculum
- Experience teaching EAL / ESL children
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to forge relationships with all stakeholders, parents, staff and pupils.
- International experience is desirable
This position would suit an existing Head teacher of a small school looking for experience in a larger setting. Applications from Assistant and Deputy Head teachers with strong track records leading on whole school improvement will also be considered.
The school offer a competitive package which includes:
- Competitive Tax free salary between the range of QAR 20,000/- to QAR 25,000/- depending upon qualification & experience.
- Two Bedroom fully furnished apartment.
- Utilities paid up to QR300 for singles and up to QR500 for families where applicable.
- Yearly annual return ticket, medical insurance, visa and residency for employee
- Yearly annual return ticket, medical insurance, 100% discount on tuition & registration fees, visa and residency for 3 dependents
How to Apply
Your application should be submitted by email and should include a CV with a photograph and a letter of application. Please submit your application by emailing email@example.com or call 0203 194 9678 for additional information.
Initial screening interviews with qualified candidates will take place as applications are received.