Your leadership will make a difference
Through seven modern campuses and with a large team of professional teachers, Vietnam Australia School (VAS) offers a highly unique and integrated bilingual education system to over 8,500 predominantly Vietnamese students from Kindergarten to Grade 12. As our student base is growing even stronger, we are truly excited about having even more highly motivated, enthusiastic and capable teachers to join us.
What are the advantages for you?
VAS has been improving the quality of our curriculum over the past years and incorporates an advanced and highly successful integrated curriculum between Cambridge International and Vietnamese National Programs. We currently have strong and competent teams of teachers and support staff across a range of subjects. Teachers are supported and encouraged to use a modern and active learning approach to deliver the curriculum.
This role is a tremendous opportunity for someone who wants to expand their international senior leadership and teaching experience at a fast-growing, innovative and successful school. All our teachers and leaders are offered unique training experiences including the opportunities to gain further accreditation through our Cambridge International Professional Development Centre. We offer a clear career pathway for growth and development within the secondary curriculum and, in this role, an opportunity to develop leadership and management capabilities.
Ba Thang Hai is the largest campus with VAS and currently educates over 3,000 students. The Secondary department currently has over 1,000 students and 45 Cambridge teachers. Cambridge International Education programmes are run alongside the Vietnamese MOET curriculum and Cambridge courses are offered in English, Maths, Science, Business Studies, Economics, ICT, Computer Science from Grade 6 though to A level.
What you will do
As Head of Secondary at our Ba Thang Hai campus, you will be joining a supportive, welcoming and successful team, with excellent outcomes. The key roles and responsibilities of this role will include:
- Manage and coordinate teaching and learning for all 5 departments within the secondary school
- Oversee staff input of information into Engage and student reports and ensure all deadlines are achieved
- Oversee and support teachers with the management of the learning environment and student behaviour
- Liaise and work with MOET staff at the campus in relation to student information in Secondary
- Communicate with and attend Central team meetings related to Secondary education
- Carry out observations and provide feedback to teachers in accordance with VAS regulations
- Ensure that teaching and learning within all secondary grades are of a consistently high standard through the development and implementation of robust quality assurance procedures
- Work collegiately with the Primary provision to prepare students for secondary education
- Coordinate and present parent information days related to all levels of secondary provision
- Deliver staff training related to international best practice in pedagogy
- Actively develop and contribute to a cohesive, hardworking and happy teams, within a strong collegiate culture
- Promote and develop initiatives that support students’ academic, personal, and social development beyond the classroom
- Provide an excellent role model for other teachers in the delivery of an international curriculum
- Contribute to the senior management strategic development plans
Your background and experience
This is a certified teaching position that requires you to have a recognised teaching qualification in secondary education. It is also required that you have a minimum of 5 years previous leadership and coordination experience, preferably from a large international school following the Cambridge International curriculum. Extensive experience as a teacher and manager in an EAL environment would be advantageous. Furthermore, we are looking for a teacher with the following traits and behaviours:
- Strong curiosity in learning about other cultures and working with diverse people
- Genuine interest in the field of early childhood education from both a pedagogical and theoretical perspective
- Open mindset and ability to develop efficient student and parent’s relationships
- Willingness to embrace our VAS core values
As an international teacher our package will include a competitive base salary, monthly housing allowance, relocation allowance, visa and work permit reimbursement, settling-in allowance, tuition waiver for up to two children, medical insurance, numerous weeks of paid holidays, retention bonus, and more. In addition, you will have generous non-contact time for planning, preparation and professional growth.
Please send in your full application including your resume, cover letter, scans of all relevant documents/certifications, three references, and a copy of your passport.