Malvern College Hong Kong is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced Head of Secondary for August 2020.
The Head of Secondary is a member of the school’s Senior Management Team and is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations in the secondary years. The Head of Secondary works closely with the Headmaster, Deputy Head and Head of Primary to ensure the strategic direction of the secondary section is aligned and to ensure continuity and consistency across the primary and secondary departments. The Head of Secondary works closely with the MYP and DP Coordinators to oversee curriculum implementation and delivery and monitoring of learning and teaching, together with the Senior Housem where pastoral matters are concerned. Central to the role as Head of Secondary is the leadership, management and guidance of the secondary teachers who are collectively responsible for pupil learning and welfare in accordance with school policies.
The successful candidate must have the strategic vision, appreciation of the Malvern heritage, understanding of the IB MYP and DP programmes, strong interpersonal and leadership skills and exceptional professionalism, to lead the continuing development and growth of the secondary department and establishment of MCHK as an outstanding British international school committed to capturing the Malvern ethos and vision.
Please refer to the attached job description for full details.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree
- A recognized teaching qualification (e.g. PGCE)
- Minimum 10 years’ teaching experience;
- Proven educational leadership and programme coordination experience;
- Previous experience of working in an international school;
- Prior experience in a school encompassing a British independent school ethos is preferred;
- Recent experience of the IB MYP and/or DP programmes;
- Sensitivity to the cultural differences found in Hong Kong and the willingness to develop and maintain a cross-cultural approach to work;
- A willingness and commitment to contribute fully to the life of the pupils and school beyond the academic day, including active participation in the academic enrichment and co-curricular programmes;
- Flexibility to teach within the MYP/DP programmes, if required;
- An openness to assist with any other duties, tasks or jobs as may be reasonably requested by the Headmaster.
All applications should be submitted online via TES. You are required to complete your online profile and supporting statement and upload your CV and photo. You are also required to provide details of three referees.
Contract Type: Full time, Two Years
Start date: 10 August 2020 – 31 July 2022
Closing date: 23 November 2019
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to arrange an interview via Skype. Candidates may be contacted at any stage after submitting their applications.
Malvern College Hong Kong exists to provide a quality all round education for students and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and appropriate pre-employment checks. Please note that we will need to take up the references provided in your application form prior to interview.
Please contact email@example.com for any queries about this role. Please note that a CV will not be accepted in place of the online application form.
For further information about Malvern College Hong Kong, please visit our website at http://www.malverncollege.org.hk/. To find out more about the Malvern College International family, please visit www.malverncollegeinternational.org.