Head of Secondary School
We are looking for an exceptional Head of Secondary to offer leadership of learning, manage the day-to-day operations of the Secondary School, play a major role in our strategic planning, and work effectively as a member of the Leadership Team.
Park House English School has been providing outstanding standards of education to families in Doha for over 27 years. We are one of the oldest and most respected schools in Qatar with extensive waiting lists. Our thriving student population is aged between 3 and 18 years old and is made up of over 70 different nationalities; we are a truly international school. In primary, we follow the national curriculum for England, together with the International Early Years Curriculum (IEYC) and International Primary Curriculum (IPC). In secondary the curriculum progresses to IGCSE and A Level qualifications. Our pupils are taught by our strong team of committed and experienced teachers, who receive competitive salaries and benefits including excellent standards of accommodation. We are very proud of our pupils who achieve amongst the highest results in the country in the GCSE and A-Level examinations. Our pupils also excel in sport and have a rapidly developing performing arts provision. Located in a purpose-built campus in Doha, our school is benefitting from being a part of the U.K.-based International Schools Partnership Group.
Our current Head of Secondary will leave after four very successful years to return to the U.K., having excelled in the role. The school has made exceptional levels of progress during that time and the foundations are strong enough to ensure the learning children experience can go from strength to strength. The person needs to have experience of senior leadership in a school that is consistently outstanding and has the ability to be relentless in their pursuit of excellence at Park House. Therefore, our new Head of Secondary will be joining us at an exciting time in our development. With the support of ISP, we have made significant investments in infrastructure and technology and we are now looking for a candidate who will take the school to the next level.
Our Head of Secondary will:
- support and implement the School’s Vision & Mission and School Improvement Plan with clarity and commitment;
- be able to drive excellence in teaching and learning throughout KS3, IGCSE, and A-Level. You will place great value on students and staff and will be focussed on the development of your team. You will know what outstanding teaching, learning, and progress look like and will be tenacious in your pursuit of this. You will have extensive experience of leading and managing high-performing teams in education, ensuring appropriate levels of accountability. Providing high-quality learning experiences for all students will be at the top of your agenda and you will have a thirst for keeping up to date with current U.K. research-based pedagogical thinking;
- be able to implement change inclusively and effectively, providing strong curriculum leadership and ensuring there is a high commitment to academic progress and the well-being of all students;
- develop assessment to ensure that every student makes excellent levels of progress, ensuring this is reflected in robust internal data and internationally benchmarked tests/examinations;
- create a culture where collaborative, progressive learning is highly valued amongst staff and students;
- be engaging, possess excellent communication skills, and have strong emotional intelligence.
Information on Park House English School can be found on our website www.parkhouseschool.com or our social media pages.
This is a full-time position with a start date in August 2022. Salary and benefits will be competitive.
Please submit your application by clicking Apply Now, making sure you complete the application form in full, including 4 professional referees (one of which must be your current employer). You must also attach your CV. In addition, we ask you to review the attached recruitment brochure and our website and write a letter of application giving details of why you feel you are suited to the role.
Park House English School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers and an enhanced criminal record check.
The closing date for applications is Friday 7th January 2022.
First stage interviews will be conducted virtually or in the U.K. and, subject to restrictions, there will be a final selection event at the school.
Park House English School is one of the oldest and most prestigious British schools in Doha, Qatar. Founded in 1994 by Mrs Heather Brennan, we are currently in our 27th year of providing outstanding educational provision. The school has a long histor...