Safa Community School is seeking to appoint an outstanding, talented and visionary Head of Secondary School. The successful applicant will have a proven record of success in senior management and will be able to demonstrate that they have improved outcomes (especially academic) for students.
Safa Community School is an all-through UK curriculum school, currently from FS1 to Year 10 (adding an upper year every year until Year 13). The school is in its fourth year and the current number of students is over 1,100. The school has recently been voted as one of the 15 Best Schools in the UAE by the Schoolscompared survey. The school has one of the best staff retentions in Dubai. We pride ourselves on our high standards across all aspects of school life. This includes high academic progress and a wide of variety of extra-curricular opportunity and talent.
We are looking to appoint an exceptional leader and teacher with the passion and commitment to promote and develop an outstanding secondary school. The successful applicant will lead on academic progress, assessment and monitoring, implementation of GCSE and A-Level program, high standards of teaching and learning, and the promotion of excellent relationships between students, staff and parents. The Head of Secondary will also be responsible for all DSIB Inspection preparation and readiness.
The Head of Secondary role presents an excellent opportunity for an ambitious leader to play a key role in the Secondary School’s success. The Head of Secondary’s portfolio may vary over time subject to the needs of the School, the continued development of the successful candidate and the responsibilities appropriate to the expertise of the leadership team. International experience would be an advantage but is not essential.
What can SCS offer?
- the ability to develop and grow the Secondary School;
- the opportunity to be innovative and to develop new educational procedures and student experiences;
- the ability to develop a significantly broad portfolio;
- an exciting, challenging and stimulating place to work in a friendly and welcoming environment.
Who/what is SCS looking for?
- excellent leadership, management and communication skills demonstrable through present role;
- the ability to communicate a clear vision for improving standards;
- a capacity for hard work and resilience; and a belief that this is at the core of success;
- a creative thinker with an ability and determination to secure high quality outcomes for all students;
- an exceptional and innovative classroom practitioner;
- demonstrable ability to lead, inspire and motivate others;
- readiness for meeting the high expectations in Dubai with enthusiasm.
- leader who places the well-being of all students first.
Closing date for applications is Monday, 6th November 2017 at 12 noon UAE time.
Selection process to be held as applications are received.
For further information about the role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send your resumes to email@example.com with subject as “Head of Secondary”
Safa Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
About the employer
Safa Community School is a 3 to 18 UK curriculum Dubai school with over 1100 students. We maintain high standards across all aspects of school life with high academic progress and attainment and a very broad range of extra-curricular opportunity and talent.
The school was recently voted in the top 15 best schools in the UAE by SchoolsCompared.com (top 10 UK curriculum schools in Dubai). The school has an exceptional community feel and staff retention is among the very best in Dubai. The innovative, unusual and outstanding buildings and facilities have created superb learning environments. The school has a vibrant dynamic and friendly atmosphere. Professional standards are extremely high.
The secondary school is expected to reach about 800 in the next 3-4 years. A number of students are now joining the school in Year 5 and 6 due to the new purpose built secondary school which opened in September 2017. The school’s currently offers an exhaustive GCSE subject choice.
Safa Community School