Garden International School, Bangkok offers a premium international education, based on the British education model, in a friendly, family orientated environment. The school is located in the Sathorn district, close to Lumpini Park in the center of Bangkok. We have children represented by approximately 35 countries, immersing all students in a rich diversity of cultures, religions and backgrounds. The school is accredited by Edu Development Trust and has received the International Schools Quality Mark. We are also accredited by Cambridge International Examinations, Oxford AQA International Examinations and the Thai Ministry of Education (ONESQA). We are affiliated to the International Schools Association of Thailand (ISAT).
Garden International School, Bangkok is a coeducational school of around 360 students, with classes from Early Years to Year 13. The school has a wonderful sense of community and class sizes are generally small, with the students well behaved, engaged in their learning and supported by their families.
Bangkok is a vibrant and modern capital city, which has all the international standard amenities you would expect to find, but it also retains wonderful historical districts that allow residents of Bangkok to immerse themselves in Thailand’s history. Thailand is an exciting country with rich cultural experiences; it is a beautiful part of the world with year round sun and is a safe place to work overseas. The cost of living is very reasonable and teachers tend to avail themselves of high quality holiday experiences around the region.
After seven successful years our current Head of Secondary is moving on. We are therefore now searching for a suitably qualified Head of Secondary to continue the growth of our secondary school. To be considered for this role candidates must;
- Be an experienced and innovative leader; having operated at Senior Leadership level.
- Possess real presence and stature within a school community.
- Be someone who is not afraid to make tough decisions.
- Be passionate about displaying real progress and development for all students.
- Be rigorous in promoting excellence.
- Be able to demonstrate a detailed and confident knowledge of curriculum at KS4, post-16 and university application procedures.
- Have experienced management of the academic administration of a school and preferably have significant pastoral experience.
- Be able to demonstrate genuine interest in the wider co-curricular life of a school.
Appointed teachers from the United Kingdom are to provide, at their own cost (at about GBP 60), an International Child Protection Certificate (UK) before travel arrangements are confirmed (refer: http://www.acro.police.uk/ICPC/). Full police clearance, covering at least the previous 10 years, is necessary for all appointees who are working, or who have worked, in countries outside the United Kingdom. To assist newly appointed staff, there is a country by country check list for the procedures for obtaining a police clearance: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/criminal-records-checks-for-overseas-applicants
Garden International School, Bangkok offers:
- An attractive salary
- Health insurance and accident insurance
- Annual end of contract bonus
- Baggage allowance (for Overseas Hire Contracts)
- Flights from London (for Overseas Hire Contracts) at the start of the two year contract and to London at the completion of the two year contract. Flights are also provided for legal spouse and up to two dependent children
- Two year contract (renewable on mutual agreement)
- Tuition Fee remission for up to two dependent children
For more information on the school please visit our website, www.gardenbangkok.com .
School leaders who would like to experience the rewards of working at our school should send a letter of application of no more than two pages, a one page statement outlining their educational philosophy and leadership style, a full Curriculum Vitae (including photograph) and the names and email addresses of three professional referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Letters of Application should include;
- Relevant leadership experience
- Examples of how current/previous experience fits with our Vision and Mission.
- Teaching subject as the role will include a small teaching load.
- A statement demonstrating a willingness to make a long term commitment to the role.
- Why being appointed Head of Secondary at Garden International School, Bangkok excites you.
Initial interviews will take place via SKYPE, with final round interviews either in Bangkok, London or Dubai. Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the selection process early should an exceptional candidate be identified at an early stage.
Applications close Wednesday 20th December, 2017