We are seeking to appoint an outstanding leader with a strong track record of student achievement. The successful candidate will :
- have the vision to fully develop and lead the Social Sciences (Psychology and Sociology) Department.
- be an inspirational communicator and have the skills to both challenge and encourage students to achieve their potential.
- be committed to securing positive student outcomes.
- have the ability to think strategically.
This is a brilliant opportunity to lead a well resourced department. If you are looking to work in a 'good with outstanding school' Ofsted 2013, with fantastic facilities then Roding Valley could be the place for you. It is an exciting time in the history of the school with the development of the sixth form, expansion of pupil numbers in 2018 and a new building which provides additional class bases and a state of the art learning centre.
We can offer….
- a friendly and supportive working environment
- a comprehensive induction programme and the opportunity to engage in further professional development
- Childcare Vouchers
- Bike to work Scheme
- Canteen facilities
- an additional TLR3 payment for a candidate who proposes and then leads on a project that will support the engagement, progress and attainment of high and/or disadvantaged students across the whole school.
"RVHS is a great place to work as it combines the freedom to be creative in your teaching alongside the support which ensures you are best able to do your job.”
You will be joining a school with enthusiastic and dedicated leaders at senior and middle leadership levels and a commitment to the professional development of staff. RVHS is keen to embrace an approach that is centred on teaching and learning and academic attainment for our students. RVHS is an 11-18 school in Essex, that enjoys a good reputation in the local area and benefits from excellent transport links, including being adjacent to Loughton tube station (Central Line). It is an exciting time in the history of the school with the development of the sixth form, expansion of pupil numbers in 2018, a new building which will provide additional class bases and a state of the art learning centre, along with new all weather sports facilities.
For further information see the website www.rodingvalley.net
Visits to the school or informal discussions with the Headteacher, Mrs S Jenner, are welcome, please contact the school on 020 8508 1173 to arrange.
Roding Valley High School and its governing body are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check.