We are seeking a Head of Social Sciences to join our team at The Danes Educational Trust in Chorleywood, on the Herts/Bucks border within easy reach of J18 of the M25 and the Metropolitan and Chiltern lines.
We would like you to have:
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- A passion for teaching and education in its widest sense
- Excellent subject and curriculum knowledge
- Preferably the ability to teach Business Studies and Economics A level, GCSE and Business BTEC
- Experience and evidence of a positive impact in a similar role
- Experience of teaching at Key Stages 3, 4 and 5 and demonstrating a positive impact on student progress and outcomes
- Ability to articulate an ambitious and appropriate vision for the faculty
- Ability to set high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge both staff and students
- Ability to manage staff (collectively and individually), with structured challenge, support and CPD
- Ability to coach and train others to be highly effective teachers
- Ability to analyse and use data to raise departmental performance
- Excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate effective communication with a range of stakeholders
- A willingness to undertake Continuing Professional Development and Learning (CPDL)
- The ability to show initiative, to multi-task and develop existing skills
- Ability to demonstrate patience, flexibility and a sense of humour
- Ability to cope with pressure and demonstrate a calm and measured response
We can offer:
- A positive working environment within an Outstanding, ‘World Class’ school setting
- The support of a highly professional and committed staff team
- A school with a track record of excellent student attainment and achievement
- The opportunity to work within the lead school of the Herts & Bucks Teaching School Alliance and Science Learning Partnership
- The opportunity to contribute to the education of the first cohort of students in a brand new school at an exciting stage in its development
St Clement Danes School, an Outstanding school on the Herts/Bucks border, recently awarded 'World Class' status and Croxley Danes School, a new secondary school which opened in September 2017 are part of the Danes Educational Trust. Beyond the immediate context of the school, St Clement Danes has excellent wider links across universities, local schools, educational authorities and national organisations such as Challenge Partners. If you would like to join a high performing, supportive and friendly staff team, we look forward to hearing from you.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
How to make an application:
- The full job description, faculty information and an application form can be downloaded from the St Clement Danes website
- Applications to be sent to Mrs M. Patel (HR Admin) by 10am on Tuesday, 20th February 2018
- Interviews to take place Friday, 23rd February 2018
- Please include a covering letter and completed application form with the contact details of two referees.
Websites: www.croxleydanes.org.uk/ www.stclementdanes.org.uk / www.daneseducationaltrust.org.uk