The Stockwood Park Academy are currently looking to recruit a dynamic and flexible Social Science teacher who has a specific passion for Sociology to head up the Sociology department. You will be responsible for this subject area but may also be required to teach within our other subjects of Health and social Care, Psychology, Criminology and Childcare at both KS4 and 5.
At our Academy, we are extremely proud of the excellent education experience offered. You will certainly benefit from forward-thinking and supportive leadership and encouraging and enthusiastic staff body who work tirelessly to see you succeed.
The Social Science Department comprises of a team of 5 specialists who have a genuine passion for our subjects, we are very excited about the growth and the journey our department has been on over the past 2 years – and want to continue that growth with a new member of the department. We have had some excellent results and are keen to continue this. The Stockwood Park Academy holds the unique privilege of being the only Sixth Form in the local area to offer Criminology Level 3. As a team we have designed a clear and focused curriculum, joint marking policies and strategies, we are very keen to introduce new and contemporary educational research to our faculty.
It’s incredibly important to us here at The Stockwood Park Academy that all our staff are valued, listened to, mentored, challenged and given adequate opportunities to develop. As a Teaching Trust, we offer exceptional teacher training and high-quality professional development programmes catered to your needs. Consequently, we have many success stories of teachers that have joined us and been given excellent CPD and training that has allowed them to climb the career ladder.
• To play an active role in the development of the emerging Sociology curriculum providing specific curriculum expertise and guidance
• Be accountable for the learning and achievement of all students following GCSE and A-Level (KS5) programmes
• To liaise with The CL of Social Sciences to support strategic development, share good practice and plan collaborative activities
• Start Date: January 2020
• Salary: Main Pay Scale - Upper Pay Scale - £23,720 - £39,406 + TLR 2a - £2,721
• Job Role: Full time, Permanent
Why work for The Stockwood Park Academy:
• £30 million state of the art modern facilities with well-equipped classrooms
• You will be working alongside charismatic, supportive and genuine colleagues and Senior Leadership Team who want to see you succeed and thrive
• A staff wellbeing team that implements various strategies to boost staff engagement including various activities, events, conferences and many other staff benefits
• Unparalleled CPD and training opportunities with cross trust and national development programmes
• Excellent opportunities to develop and grow in a successful and expanding Academy
• You will be part of an 11-18 provision with opportunities to teach in the sixth form in for many subject areas