Ousedale School is a very successful two campus academy with an outstanding track record of results at both GCSE and A Level. At GCSE our results over the last year have been consistently outstanding, particularly in the core areas and, for the second year running, we are top of Milton Keynes for attainment. SEND students achieve excellent progress and in our recent Ofsted (January 2020) HMI praised the provision for our SEND students.
We require, for Easter or September 2020, a person who, although not necessarily holding current expertise in SEND, has strong leadership skills to manage the SEND department across two campuses, with the support of a Deputy SENDCo, based at each campus.
This person will be passionate about the student perspective and will have experience in working with parents and students to achieve and maintain the high quality of support we offer our students at Ousedale School.
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Excellent communication skills
- Extensive experience in the classroom as a teacher, ideally across a range of subjects
- Experience in leading and managing a team of adults
- Experience in working within a team of professionals
- Ability to travel between campuses
- National SENDCO award (essential to work towards if not already held)
- Experience in teaching numeracy and suitable interventions
- Access arrangements testing qualification (or commitment to work towards if not)
- Experience in working with groups of children with SEND
- Experience in working with outside agencies
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS will be required.
If you want to join our school, details and an application form are available on our website www.ousedale.org.uk via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by applying to Mrs Sue Carbert, Headteacher at the address shown below.
Application forms only will be accepted - please do not send in CVs.
Closing date: Midday - Monday, 24th February 2020
Interviews will be held on Wednesday, 26th February
The Grove, Newport Pagnell, Bucks MK16 0BJ
Tel: 01908 210203 Fax: 01908 216574 E-mail: email@example.com
Headteacher: Mrs S Carbert