Island School Website: http://island.edu.hk Island School is a secondary school with approximately 1,250 students.
Please note that Teachers who join Island School will be part of a transformational school redevelopment project. This includes an innovative curriculum, and a completely new purpose built school building. All Staff members will contribute to this development and support the maintenance of the Island School spirit during the transformation. For more information see here.
Island School is seeking to appoint an outstanding leader to oversee the Physical & Health Education curriculum and all extra curricular sport. This is a challenging role that would suit an experienced and passionate leader in this field.
The role will include leading an extensive and varied Physical Education programme. In the Senior Phase we offer IB Sports, Exercise and Health Science as well as BTEC Sport. From August 2018 we will be implementing the IB’s MYP programme into Year 7 and 8 while Years 9 to 11 follow our own Island Futures programme.
The role is also to promote, encourage and facilitate competitive and recreational sport at all levels of the school. He or she will create a culture of sport in the school, where all students feel they can and should play sport at the appropriate level, and all staff feel that being involved in supporting student sport is part of what makes Island School complete.
Key responsibilities include:
● Managing and developing the faculty’s written and taught curriculum.
● Taking responsibilities for academic standards within the faculty.
The extra curricular sports programme
● Plan and implement the recreational and competitive sports programme
● Taking responsibilities for the standard and participation of students and staff in extra curricular sport.
Faculty management and monitoring
● Leading, developing and supporting a productive, positive and effective team of staff.
● Leading and managing a team of postholders in the faculty.
● Running effective meetings and providing agendas and minutes of these meetings.
● Communicating effectively and efficiently within the faculty and with others in the school and its community.
● Enabling, supporting and managing the work of all support staff attached to the faculty.
● Informing the Vice Principal linked with the faculty of all relevant issues.
● Monitoring and evaluating the quality of teaching and learning at all levels within the faculty according to agreed school expectations.
● Ensuring that the faculty implements the school assessment policy effectively.
● Analysing and evaluating examination results and reporting outcomes to the Principal, Vice Principals and the School Council as appropriate.
● Ensuring an optimum physical environment for learning.
● Prioritising, planning and managing resources in the faculty.
● Liaising with the timetable team.
● Liaising with the Examinations Officer concerning examination entries and related matters including counselling of candidates.
Key accountabilities to the Principal and School Council:
● High organisational standards.
● Able to communicate appropriately and sensitively.
● Able to use data effectively.
● Able to plan efficiently and manage change.
● Able to develop a coherent, well motivated, effective and efficient team.
● Able to make difficult decisions and take action when necessary.
● Able to coach colleagues through the PRD process.
● Able to demonstrate a commitment to professional development.
● Able to work with colleagues across the school to help make decisions that are in the best interests of the school as a whole.
Closing Date: 30 Nov 2017
For enquiries, please contact Betty Tsu at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.