Smart Teachers is recruiting for an experienced and enthusiastic Head of Sport / Sport Teacher / PE Teacher to join an outstanding independent school in Greenwich (SE3). This full time teaching position is available for a September 2018 start and will be appointed on a permanent basis with a generous salary offer, commensurate with the experience of the candidate.
About the Role
- Head of Sport / Sport Teacher
- Deliver P.E. lessons across Nursery to Year 6
- Grow the already successful and thriving school sports teams
- Manage the P.E. department including timetabling, organising intra-school fixtures, staffing, administrative duties
- Full Time
- Permanent contract
- Generous salary offer starting from £30,000
About the School
- Co-educational independent school for students aged 3 to 11
- Graded ‘Outstanding’ in 2008 by Ofsted and ‘Excellent’ in 2014 by ISI
- Christian / Evangelical background
- Small class sizes
- Personable staff
- Well respected faith school within the community
- Organic lunches available to purchase on site
- Located in Greenwich, a short walk or a short bus ride from North Greenwich Station on the Jubilee Line or Blackheath station
In order to be considered for this role, the Head of Sport / Sport Teacher / PE Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
- Proven experience teaching PE or Sport using the UK curriculum
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number BXB43962.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.