Do you love a challenge and want to make a difference for children and the schools they attend? Bracknell Forest is on a school improvement journey and we want to appoint an outstanding and experienced school improvement professional as our Head of Service to lead our school improvement team and work with schools across the Authority from the Early Years through to Post 16.
Your work will be central to developing and sustaining improvement in our schools through:
- Influencing policy and practice through working in partnership with headteachers, governors, other professionals and agencies to support our objectives and ambitions as set out in our strategic plan for children and young people
- Leading the school improvement team and holding advisers to account for their work in schools
- Leading our governor services team and working with school governors on school improvement
- Undertaking the role of designated School Adviser with a number of Bracknell schools
- Contributing to a programme of professional development for school based staff
- Supporting the marketing and delivery of our school improvement Service Level Agreement with Bracknell Forest.
To fulfill this role successfully, you will need:
- A good understanding of how to bring about school improvement and build capacity
- Experience of leading professionals in developing and managing change
- Experience in the role of a headteacher or substantive senior leadership post
- Good understanding of the current Ofsted framework
- Secure knowledge of recent curriculum development initiatives and assessment procedures at both primary and secondary
- Good communication skills and ability to influence change.
For an informal discussion about this interesting and rewarding role, please contact Rachel Morgan, Chief Officer Education and Learning on 01344 354037.
To apply, please visit our website by clicking on the Apply button below.
Closing date: Wednesday 4th July 2018
Bracknell Forest Council – Working for Equality. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.