We seek to appoint an exceptional Teacher of Economics. The successful candidate will also be Head of Subject with a TLR attached. This post could suit both experienced and newly qualified teachers.
We are a World Class School, hold Beacon School status and work in effective partnership with several organisations including City in Excellence in Teaching and East London Teaching School Alliance. With state of the art buildings and facilities and a team of innovative, experienced and dedicated professional staff, Bishop Challoner is an exciting and supportive environment in which to work and develop your career.
As Britain’s first federated school, our campus embraces two schools, Boys’ and Girls’ with a co-ed Sixth Form.
The school has 1251 students on roll, including 189 in the Sixth Form.“In this high performing school, students make rapid progress and reach high standards in many subjects” “Leaders and managers at all levels, provide the drive and ambition needed to ensure that this wonderful school continually improves” (OFSTED, April 2014)
Economics is a popular subject at the school, attracting high numbers at A Level. However, we are not complacent - working with a team of passionate and dedicated practitioners, you will contribute to its development of a department that aims to maintain an outstanding reputation.
This is a fantastic opportunity for exceptional teachers. You do not need to be a practising Catholic to apply.
- An established and comprehensive induction programme for NQTs and other new staff
- A strong commitment to your professional development and career management - excellent CPD and leadership development at all levels
- A supportive environment in which your enthusiasm will be encouraged, nurtured and rewarded
- A working environment focused on Teaching and Learning and raising standards for all
- A positive and stimulating school climate which values the contribution of all staff
We are looking for professionals with:
- Evidence of excellent classroom practice or the potential to achieve it
- A track record of successful student outcomes at KS3, KS4 and KS5
- High expectations of student attainment and behaviour
- The willingness to support our Catholic Ethos
If you have the passion and drive to contribute to the future development of the World Related Learning Faculty, we look forward to hearing from you.
How to Apply:
All applications must be on the schools application forms.
To apply, please request an application form from Faye Harrison at email@example.com or on 0207 259 8770
Your application is a direct permanent application to our school (not through agency), Hays is our recruitment partner for all permanent appointments.
Closing Date: Tuesday 21st May 2019 at 10:00 am
Applications will be considered as they are received and we may appoint before the closing date. Please call Faye on 0207 259 8770 for more information.
Our federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The Governing Body is an Equal Opportunity Employer