Seeks for 31 August 2020
Founded in 1924, and enjoying close ties with the UN, the Foundation of the International School of Geneva, commonly known as Ecolint, is the world's number one international school. With eight schools on three campuses across the Geneva area, we educate around 4500 students aged from 3-18. We have around 1500 employees representing more than 110 nationalities. Ecolint is built on strong humanitarian values and prides itself on its long history of pedagogical innovation, including the creation of the International Baccalaureate, currently a reference in more than 3500 international schools in the world. Our mission is to shape students' lives and prepare them to be world citizens engaged with the political, ethical and environmental challenge of their times.
To complete our team at Campus des Nations School, we are looking for a:
Head of Support Services
Full-time - 40 hours
• Lead the secondary school's provision for students with a wide range of needs.
• Develop the Curriculum and ‘approaches to teaching’ of the department.
• Oversee and support the Professional Development of all the members of the department.
• Set strategic goals based on the Foundations Strategy.
• Leading and coordinating the work of a team of specialist teachers and assistant working in the extended support programme (SEN), EAL and Learning Support, in promoting and monitoring the academic welfare of students from Y7 to Y13.
• Ensure that the department meets IBO, CIS and MSA regulations.
• Assist the Secondary Principal in carrying out the strategic plan of the school.
• Work closely with the Director of Education in line with her strategy.
• Appropriate degree and teaching qualification
• Experience teaching IB Diploma Programme and Middle Years Programme in an international setting is an advantage
• Demonstrate experience and understanding of the importance of pastoral care within a school, with a desire to take an active role in our Mentor system
• Willingness to contribute to enrichment activities such as supervision of Extended Essays and department field trips
• Fluent English speaker. Good working knowledge of French is an advantage
• Excellent classroom management and organisational skills
• Enthusiasm and creativity with a passion for teaching and learning and a drive to achieve the highest possible standards for all students
• A caring, sensitive attitude towards students: an outstanding and inspirational teacher
• Excellent communication skills with colleagues and parents
• Experience and interest in developing maths curricula
• Experience of running a department efficiently
Candidates are required to apply online by sending their CV, three references, one of whom must be your current or most recent employer, that may be followed at the point of interview and a covering letter addressed to Jamie Williams, International School of Geneva, Campus des Nations before December 17th, 2019 mentioning the reference number 430 016
Only online applications will be considered