POSITION: Head of Teaching and Learning (PYP Co-ordinator)
DEPARTMENT/CAMPUS: SBS Rangsit – Chiang Mai
REPORTS TO: Associate School Director
SBS Rangsit – Chiang Mai School is a leading bilingual school offering exceptional education to all of its students, from Early Learning to Year 12.
The Head of Teaching and Learning and PYP Co-ordinator, reports directly to the Associate School Director and is a member of the campus Leadership Team. The position plays a key role in supporting and developing an energetic and dedicated group of teaching staff who work in area teams to facilitate the learning of the children in their care. SBS Bangkok is a candidate school for the PYP.
The Head of Teaching and Learning and PYP Co-ordinator provides support and expert advice in the ongoing development of the curriculum and teaching programme. A major focus of the role is the development of teaching staff and teaching practice. The position is actively involved in curriculum strategic planning, supporting teachers’ planning, modelling teaching methods and in the assessment and reporting requirements associated with the national curriculum and the PYP.
The Head of Teaching and Learning and PYP Co-ordinator has responsibility for the following activities and functions;
- Assist the Leadership Team to ensure that the curriculum and academic programme meets the literacy and numeracy needs of the students, the national curriculum and the standards and practices required for the PYP.
- Oversee and co-ordinate the scope and sequence within the curriculum to ensure a smooth transition for students
- Oversee the regular review of all curriculum documentation, including the Units of Inquiry and policies in accordance with the requirements of the PYP, and the national curriculum.
- Mentor and guide teachers to ensure a differentiated curriculum for all students and provide support and expert advice to all teachers at weekly planning meetings with teaching teams.
- Support teachers to thoroughly plan and reflect on their teaching and learning programmes.
- Co-ordinate the assessment and reporting methods to assist Teachers to keep accurate, relevant records on student progress.
- Oversee and co-ordinate the Assessment and Reporting.
- Working with the Leadership Team, co-ordinate and where appropriate facilitate professional development for teaching staff in accordance with the aims and objectives of the school
- Provide professional development to teaching staff on teaching practice and methods by modelling lessons and activities within classrooms.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with the IBO and regularly liaise with other PYP schools and attend forums to ensure that the PYP programme is contemporary and that staff have the awareness understanding and skills necessary to successfully implement the programme.
- Oversee the provision of information to parents about the academic programme through parent workshops, information sessions and written material available in the school newsletter or on-line.
- Review and manage the performance of staff and identify professional development opportunities, including promoting discussion on staff performance and actively encouraging lesson observation, feedback and professional development.
- Assist with planning, budgeting and the dissemination of information about the activities of the campus.
- Manage the relavant teaching and Learning and PYP Budget, recommend teaching and learning resources.
- Assist HR to induct new staff, including assisting with the orientation programme and Teacher probation in accordance with school policy.
- Adhere to the OH&S policies and procedures of the School and Campus
- Undertake other duties relevant to the role and Leadership Team as directed by the Associate School Director
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA:
The Head of Teaching and Learning (PYP Co-ordinator) should either possess or be capable of developing the following key skills and attributes;
- A thorough understanding and ability to demonstrate knowledge of the theory of the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme and to facilitate professional development activities with teaching staff.
- Recognised expertise in teaching practices and methodologies and ability to model and facilitate skill development in other teaching staff.
- Proven experience in change management and leading whole school improvement in Literacy or Numeracy.
- A proven ability to successfully perform a co-ordination role with responsibility for the development of the curriculum, teaching practice and the professional development of teaching staff.
- Well-developed organisational and facilitation skills and an ability to assist and facilitate planning meetings with staff.
- Well-developed report writing and administrative skills, including a proven ability for PYP curriculum documentation, assessment and reporting.
- A proven capacity to work effectively within a team and to actively support team members.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to advise and liaise across all levels of the campus, with external organisations (such as the IB) and other schools and to communicate effectively with parents and guardians regarding the academic programme
- A capacity for strategic planning and well developed analytical and conceptual skills.
- A proven commitment to professional development (including but not restricted to the PYP) and a willingness to participate in all aspects of SBS community, including co-curricular activities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least 10 years of education area experience.
- Demonstrate at least 2 years of successful PYP Coordinator experience
- Previous experience teaching the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme
- Previous experience in a co-ordination role
- Fluent English language proficiency
Applications should include: Cover letter expressing the candidate’s background, experience, and interests, and a brief statement stating your philosophy of education. A resume with a recent photo. Two references, including email addresses and phone numbers.
Candidates may apply in person or email their application letter to:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel. 053-442208-9 For more information
regarding SBS, please visit our website at www.sbs.ac.th.