Jerry Clay Academy is looking to appoint an inspirational and experienced leader to take on the exciting role of Head of Teaching and Learning, as we expand our Senior Leadership Team, to start in April 2018 or as soon as possible thereafter.
JCA is on an incredibly exciting journey and we want a dynamic individual to join our leadership team and be part of it. Having achieved ‘Outstanding’ from Ofsted in March 2017 and designated as a National Support School in July 2017, we now need a driven individual to help us achieve our ambitions of raising standards and achievements at JCA and beyond.
At JCA, we are passionate about developing everyone. We believe that children and adults are on a lifelong learning adventure and encourage everyone to ‘strive to be the best they can be’. We aspire to have every one of our pupils and staff become a little better each day and invest time, commitment and support to enable this to happen.
We are looking for a leader, who is dynamic, inspirational and passionate to join our academy and help lead our drive to become an effective National Support School. The successful candidate will be committed to our values and ethos, have the ability to lead staff and pupils and make a wide and varied contribution to overall life at this vibrant academy.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an exceptional classroom practitioner
- Have a track record of achieving excellent outcomes for young people
- Have experience of leading others with successful outcomes
- Have experience of leading Teaching and Learning
- Have experience of delivering professional development activities
In return, the successful candidate will:
- Be joining a forward thinking school that places children at the heart of everything we do
- Have the opportunity to work in our excellent facilities
- Have the opportunity to shape the future in terms of direction and vision of this exciting whole school responsibility
Please find further details within the application pack, together with the application form, see link http://www.jerryclayacademy.wakefield.sch.uk/employment-opportunities/
Applications will only be accepted on the academy application form.
We highly recommend that you visit our school and meet with our Headteacher before applying for the position. To arrange a visit or for any further enquiries, please call Sally-Anne Beaumont, Office Manager, at the academy office on 01924 303665.
Interviews will be held on: Wednesday 29th November & Thursday 30th November
This post involves working with children and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records check at an enhanced level. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check