About the role:
Following the school’s best ever GCSE results in August 2017, the academy is delighted to advertise the post of Head of Technology to lead our existing department.
Under new leadership, this is an exciting time to join the academy. Our recent ‘Progress 8’ score showed Sheffield Springs Academy as the most improved secondary school in the city over the last academic year.
The ideal candidate will be someone who can provide outstanding leadership or quickly develop their leadership to an outstanding level to ensure that learning and progress in all areas within Technology continues on an upward trajectory. This role may ideally suit someone who is looking to make the step into middle leadership or who is looking to build upon their current experience and success at that level. The role will involve teaching GCSE Resistant Materials and BTEC qualifications and line manage a department that includes the teaching of Art, DT/Product Design and Food Technologies.
We will only consider candidates who can evidence a strong track record of success and who have made a significant impact on the lives and education of the children they teach. This will need to be demonstrated in your application and be clearly evident at interview.
What we can offer you:
- An academy making rapid, sustained improvement.
- Excellent facilities and resources.
- Access to an outstanding professional development programme including in-house MA.
- A chance to become part of one of the largest groups of academies in the country.
- Caring, dedicated and friendly students who want to learn and fulfil their potential.
- Colleagues who are supportive, friendly and who are committed to each other’s professional development.
- Opportunities to be creative and to inspire your students.
In return, we are looking for:
An ‘outstanding’ teacher with strong leadership qualities who can evidence significant progress and attainment from their students over a protracted period of time.
Someone who shares our moral purpose of ensuring that all of our young people receive the best education possible in a supportive environment from people who care about them.
Someone who is resilient, dynamic and passionate about improving the life chances of all children in our community.
If you possess these qualities and share the academy’s vision, then we will be delighted to hear from you. Please see the Job Description and Person Specification for further information.
About the School:
- A United Learning academy.
- Sheffield Springs Academy is ranked as the most improved secondary in Sheffield for ‘Progress 8’ in the 2016/17 academic year.
- Our whole-school ethos of ‘the best in everyone’ underpins our core values of ambition, confidence, creativity, respect, enthusiasm and determination. Our aim is to send every student out into the world instilled with these values, as well as the right knowledge, skills and qualifications, so that they are ready to play their part in it.
- Improvements made in outcomes for the academic year 2016/17 were a testament to the relationships between our staff, pupils and their families, each one of them playing their part in in trying to ensure that every pupil achieves their potential.
Sheffield Springs Academy is committed to safeguarding the welfare of its students and the successful appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Candidates are encouraged to visit the Academy and see the significant progress we have made before applying, please email Sianne Wilson (PA) Sianne.Wilson@sheffieldsprings.org to arrange a visit.
Sheffield Springs Academy is part of United Learning, a large and growing group of schools aiming to offer a life changing education to children and young people across England. Schools within United Learning work as a team and achieve more by sharing than any single school could. By collecting expertise and combining resources, we help to make the tough job of teaching a little easier. With a shared curriculum and lesson plans from around the group available to all, our teachers have strong foundations to lead the engaging, rounded education our children deserve. Our intranet site, United Hub, is just one example of how we share this resource and communicate across sites, helping to simplify processes and manage workloads for an improved work-life balance. We reward our staff: with wide career opportunities – between Primary and Secondary, Academy and Independent – better pay, benefits, and ultimately the satisfaction of helping every child at each of our schools to succeed and reach their full potential.
Please apply online by clicking on the following link https://unitedlearning.current-vacancies.com/Jobs/Advert/1035391?rsid=0&js=0&LinkType=1&FromSearch=False
Closing date: Monday 23 October 2017
Interview date: Thursday 26th October 2017
Where teaching is better shared
United Learning comprises: UCST (Registered in England No: 2780748. Charity No. 1016538) and ULT (Registered in England No. 4439859. An Exempt Charity). Companies limited by guarantee. VAT number 834 8515 12. Registered address: United Learning, Worldwide House, Thorpe Wood, Peterborough, PE3 6SB.