Full-time, ongoing position commencing Term 1, 2019
This is an opportunity for an outstanding teacher to lead Visual Arts at our coeducational primary school, Grimwade House (Prep-Year 6). Here, you’ll enjoy the benefits of working in an exceptional independent school, while being afforded the opportunity to develop unique educational programmes.
You will be responsible for:
- developing a vision for the future of Visual Arts within Grimwade House
- ensuring the Visual Arts curriculum is underpinned by a strong educational ethos which prepares students for future learning in the discipline
- proactively working with other classroom and specialist teachers to initiate and deliver innovative inter-disciplinary programmes
- be an experienced and dynamic Visual Arts teacher (or Head of Visual Arts) who enjoys working in a primary school setting
- bring creativity and flair, with a strong background in the Visual Arts, preferably as a working artist
- appreciate the importance of basing the Visual Arts curriculum on both traditional and contemporary art practices, as well as a strong theoretical platform
- relish the opportunity to take advantage of the well-resourced and supportive environment to develop unique activities and programmes
- want to work in a setting where you are supported to do your best work
- be interested in being involved in the community life of the School
VIT Registration, or the ability to gain VIT registration, is essential for this position.
Melbourne Grammar School is one of Australia’s leading independent schools with an inclusive, community-focused culture. We value professionalism and a commitment to excellence in every role.
This role is based at Grimwade House, our coeducational primary school for around 660 Prep – Year 6 students in Caulfield. Here, students build the academic foundations that will support them throughout their education supported by expert teachers, a contemporary curriculum, a dynamic range of co-curricular activities, and a strong pastoral care programme.
How to Apply
Submit your cover letter, addressed to Ms Helen Voogt-Dillon, Director of Human Resources, along with your curriculum vitae and details of three referees.
Your referees will only be contacted with your permission, following the interview stage.
Click here to download a Job Description.
Applications close Tuesday 23 October 2018.