The British School Manila has a requirement for a prospective member of the staff who will take the position in August 2018.
Applicants for this position must have a clear vision for counselling services in schools and be able to lead a highly qualified team who provide professional and confidential counselling to students, and when required, staff and parents. At The British School Manila (BSM), we have a collaborative child-centred approach to well-being, welfare and learning, where staff are passionate about meeting the needs of our students. The role will involve working across the Whole School (Nursery - Year 13) in collaboration with the Student Welfare Team, teachers, support staff, students, parents and external service providers as necessary.
Specifically, the Head of Whole School Counselling Services will:
1. Develop a clear collective vision for counselling services and be able to translate this into practice.
2. Lead a team of three social and emotional counsellors.
3. Provide professional and confidential counselling to students; to be available to staff and parents when appropriate, and time permitting.
4. Develop practices and work with teams on the delivery of programmes that proactively support the academic and personal / social development for all students.
5. Work with all stakeholders in the community and external agencies to maximise the potential of success for students with counselling needs.
6. Identify key counselling trends and develop effective responses to these.
1. Has a strong vision for counselling services within schools.
2. Holder of relevant degrees and or other qualifications in Guidance and Counselling and/or Educational Psychology. Professional registration with a counselling body or qualified to register.
3. Has excellent people skills, and can work effectively with diverse teams.
4. Be highly analytical, reflective and compassionate.
5. Work experience in a multicultural environment and an understanding of the International School sector and culture.
BSM follows Child Protection and Safeguarding policies in line with UK standards; all successful candidates will be required to submit a criminal background check/police certificate or the equivalent upon appointment.
To apply, please send your application letter, CV and a recent photo to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please refer to www.britishschoolmanila.org for more information about the school.
Closing date for applications: noon GMT on Friday 15 December 2017
Interviews will be held during December 2017/January 2018.
At present, 900+ students aged 3-18 are on BSM’s roll and 33 nationalities are represented. British children make up 34%, Filipino 24%, Americans 8% and Australians 6% of the total population.