Twyford Church of England High School, Acton, London W3 9PP is seeking to appoint a Head of Year 10.
We are looking for a Head of Year 10 in a school which offers outstanding opportunities for professional development. Twyford Church of England High School, an Ofsted outstanding school with a thriving Sixth Form, is one of four Twyford Trust schools, and the new post-holder will be joining us at a time of growth. The Trust offers excellent promotion prospects for motivated and energetic teachers who support the ethos of our schools.
We are looking for an enthusiastic teacher, with some pastoral experience and ready to take on Head of Year responsibilities. As Head of Year you will be fully committed to ensuring all students in the year group are supported by effective pastoral systems to enable them to make outstanding academic progress within the wider context of their full personal, social and spiritual development. You will ensure all students make an effective transition from their previous year, and are on curriculum programmes which allow them to engage fully and stretch. You will additionally deliver outstanding leadership and management of the Year team and effective communication with parents and outside agencies, ensuring all new tutors are inducted into the school ethos & systems. This role is ideally suited to a candidate who combines pastoral strengths with a contribution to driving consistency in whole school teaching and learning, and is an excellent development opportunity for a motivated and committed teacher who hopes to move to Senior Leadership at a later stage.
- Exceptional professional development and career progression.
- Positive working relationships at all levels.
- A supportive Leadership Team.
- A full-range of Trust services providing support and development.
- Opportunity to gain experience within 4 different Trust schools with a common commitment to professional collaboration.
The successful candidate will have:
- A good degree and Qualified Teacher Status.
- Outstanding skills as a classroom teacher and as a tutor.
- Some experience of managing or implementing pastoral systems and initiatives.
- Knowledge of the requirements of the National Curriculum.
- An understanding of the strategies required to motivate and enthuse all students across the ability range as part of a whole school approach to raising achievement.
- An understanding of the processes and techniques required to assess, record and report students’ learning effectively.
- Ability to be reflective and driven towards self-improvement.
- Energy and enthusiasm.
- A commitment to the ethos of the school.
For more information about the role please see the Job Description on the Twyford Trust website.
How to apply
Please visit the Vacancies page of the Twyford Trust website http://www.twyfordacademies.org.uk/recruitment/vacancies for more information about how to apply, and to download a Job description, Application Form and Letter to Applicants.
Applications must be submitted to HR/Recruitment at Twyford School by the closing date and time below. They can be posted to Twyford Church of England Academies Trust, c/o Twyford Church of England School, Twyford Crescent, Acton, London W3 9PP or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org Please do not submit applications by fax.
Closing date: 12 noon, Thursday 11 March 2021
Interview date: Tbc – w/b 15 March 2021
The Twyford Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undergo the child protection screening appropriate to the post, including an enhanced disclosure from the DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) and references from previous employers. For more information about the DBS please see https://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check. The post-holder will also be expected to read and adhere to the Trust’s Child Protection Policy, and any other Safeguarding documents stated within this.
Twyford Church of England High School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years