HEAD OF YEAR 12
Pay scale + TLR 2.2
Grey Court is a successful and oversubscribed academy serving a diverse community in an outstanding environment, situated in the London Borough of Richmond and in very close proximity to the beautiful River Thames. Graded Outstanding by OFSTED (for the second time) in January 2018, the school opened its Sixth Form in September 2014 with each cohort of Year 13 students continuously achieving continuously exceptional results. Our thriving Sixth Form, housed in its own purpose built centre, now comprises 290 students.
In 2016 we became part of the Every Child, Every Day Multi Academy Trust and consequently, have further developed extremely strong working relationships with our partner schools. We are very excited about the future and the opportunities the MAT has brought to staff and students alike.
Grey Court is also a successful National Teaching School. Our programmes for teacher and leadership development ensure that all of our staff, from NQTs to senior leadership, have access to nationally recognised development opportunities.
We are seeking to appoint a full-time Head of Year 12 for September 2021. The role would suit an individual who is seeking to gain experience in Sixth Form management.
In applying for this role you will be required to demonstrate a commitment to:
• To raise standards of student achievement and attainment within the year group and to monitor and support student progress.
• To work with parents, staff and external agencies in supporting the academic and personal development of students.
• To support Tutors and Assistant Head responsible for 6th Form, in taking action, on a weekly basis, on attendance and punctuality data and to develop and maintain a culture of good behaviour and a positive ethos.
• To participate in and help organise parents’ evenings and information evenings for the relevant year group, including the Sixth Form Induction days and to organise and lead assemblies
• To organise PDW initiatives, cultural activities and fund raising activities including the development of the Grey Court Edge Programme for the Sixth Form.
Closing date: Friday 29th January 2021
Interview date: w/c 1st February 2021
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All offers of employment will be subject to the successful candidate undertaking an enhanced Criminal Record Check via the Criminal Records Bureau.
For more information about Grey Court School, Job Descriptions and Application Forms please go to the school website or call 020 8948 1173. For an informal discussion please contact Mr Richard Clements, Deputy Headteacher on 020 8948 1173 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Grey Court School
Richmond upon Thames
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years