OAKS PARK HIGH SCHOOL
Head of Year 13
Outer London Main / Upper Pay Scale + TLR 1B
Required for September 2019
Are you looking to develop your teaching career in an innovative, creative and supportive environment?
Would you like to be part of a growing and thriving Sixth Form and School?
Do you believe in working in partnership with families and the local community to enable each child to aim high?
Are you passionate about the importance of continuing professional learning?
Do you believe that each child’s journey of discovery should include learning life and academic skills in equal measure, preparing each child to thrive in our global society?
Oaks Park High School does, so come join us.
We are looking to appoint an exceptional and ambitious teacher to lead a year group and to work with them, staff and parents, throughout their educational journey with us. Do you want to take the next step in your career in a thriving Sixth Form? Are you a dynamic & reflective practitioner with leadership potential? Oaks Park School are looking to appoint an exceptional & ambitious teacher to lead Year 13 & work with students, staff and parents, to ensure their success.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a strong track record as an excellent teacher and be committed to working with the key stage and subject leaders to promote learning and maximise achievement for each student in the year group
- Experience in using all available data to identify and track student progress in the year group, both at a subgroup as well as an individual level and use this to drive interventions and improve outcomes
- Be able to provide a visible leadership to a team of form leaders and to lead form leader meetings with a clear and defined agenda, including implementation of school initiatives
- Knowledge, understanding and leadership accountability within the school organisation
- Proven record of promoting high student achievement
- Experience of teaching in a large mixed comprehensive school
- Proven record of very good student examination attainment through classes taught
- Be able to teach across the age and ability range for KS3 to 5.
- Have an understanding of and commitment to equal opportunities in its widest sense and a commitment to inclusive education
- Ability to build productive relationships with students, staff, parents and governors
- Be a good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Be flexible and a good team player
Why work for Oaks Park High School:
- Oversubscribed 11-18 mixed comprehensive school with over 400 students in the Sixth Form and excellent modern facilities to support learning.
- Work alongside a collaborative, forward thinking Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team.
- Strong vision of success and achievement supported by an excellent continuing professional development programme for all staff.
- Medical and well-being support for all staff (at no cost to the member of staff)
- An ambitious and supportive multicultural community that keeps our child-centred philosophy at the heart of everything that we do.
- Highly regarded for outstanding pupil behaviour and purposeful learning environment.
- Committed to the very highest standards of student care and achievement and seek outstanding staff who wish to be part of our success.
Location: The school is centrally located in the London Borough of Redbridge, which is a very high achieving borough. There are excellent transport links to central and outer London, with Newbury Park station (zone 4 on the Central Line) only a four minute walk away.
Visits to the school are welcomed, or alternatively you can speak to Ms Caluda, Assistant Headteacher about the role and working at Oaks Park High School. Please contact the Headteacher’s PA, Mrs Cutmore, on 020 8590 2245 x 2073 to make arrangements.
In joining us you can expect a supportive culture within a school with very high aspirations, moving forward at pace. If you believe that instilling aspiration and ambition can transform the lives of young people then we would love to hear from you.
The closing date for applications will be 3 pm on Thursday 25th April. Details regarding interviews will be confirmed with short listed candidates.
Early application is advised as applicants may be contacted at any stage during the recruitment process and the advert may then be closed.