Hampton Gardens School
Hartland Avenue, Hampton Gardens, Peterborough, PE7 8HR.
Hampton Gardens is a new 11-19 free school which opened in September 2017 to an initial intake of 180 Year 7 students. When full the school will accommodate 1200 students in years 7-11 and 300 students in Sixth Form. Hampton Gardens is part of the Hampton Academies Trust who also run the highly successful and popular Hampton College.
Required for September 2019:
Head of Year 8
TLR 2c (£6,564)
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, committed Head of Year to lead Year 8 in our brand new purpose built school. This role provides an exciting and unique opportunity to help shape the pastoral system as the school grows.
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding Head of Year to:
• Be responsible for the behaviour, safety and well-being of students in Year 8;
• Monitor the academic progress of students;
• Reporting directly to the Deputy Head of School;
• Manage a team of 6 tutors;
• Be an inspirational teacher with a proven track record of leading students to achieve outstanding results;
• Embrace creativity and innovation and will always be looking for the very best practice in teaching.
What we can offer you in return:
• A fantastic working environment where students are enthusiastic and want to learn. All our schools have modern buildings, with light and airy classrooms, outstanding facilities and are situated at the heart of the community.
• We value our staff and recognise the importance of providing ongoing training opportunities. As a growing Trust we are also able to offer opportunities for promotion and fresh challenges as new roles arise regularly.
• Our active Staff Wellbeing Group creates an effective channel for staff to be heard, and underpins our commitment to cultivating a supportive working environment which allows staff to flourish and achieve their full potential.
• Our extensive induction programme supports staff every step of the way.
• Full access to the Health Assured Employee Assistance Programme which is designed to help staff deal with any personal or professional problems. Staff have access to free legal advice, medical information, counselling sessions, online self-help tools, factsheets and the wellbeing portal.
For further details please visit the HAT website: http://www.hamptonacademiestrust.org.uk/jobs/
Closing date: 9.00am on Wednesday 16 January 2019