HEAD OF YEAR
Do you want to join a highly successful, committed, student centred pastoral team?
Are you prepared to work hard with exceptional young people and staff committed to going the extra mile?
Commencing: September 2021
Salary Scale: MPS/UPS + TLR 2B
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding, innovative and committed leader who will play a significant part in the pastoral development of the school. The successful candidate will be an outstanding teacher with excellent knowledge and understanding of implementing and embedding pastoral systems. The pastoral system at the heart of Barking Abbey School and we would welcome applications from individuals with an extensive pastoral experience who can demonstrate excellent leadership experience and qualities.
The successful candidate will have:
- Significant teaching experience across all key stages.
- High standards of student behaviour, conduct and attitudes to enhance learning.
- An awareness and understanding of the importance of character education.
- The ability to develop and support students’ academic progress and achievement as well as their social and emotional development.
- The ability to lead a team of form tutors and pastoral staff to ensure high standards of care, guidance and support.
- The willingness to go above and beyond for our pupils.
The hours will be long but the reward will be the chance to work with and help shape our amazing students. They are overwhelmingly polite, respectful, considerate and have a fantastic thirst for learning. They uphold our school motto each and every day and they in return need the very best.
In return we can offer:
- A student-centred, progress focused student ethos.
- A welcoming and supportive community.
- The opportunity to work with a passionate, hardworking and supportive staff.
- A commitment to develop your skills through continued professional development.
- A supportive and committed Leadership Team and Governing Body.
- A cohort of students with high aspirations and a willingness to learn.
Full details are set out in the Application pack including a job description and person spec. If you would like a virtual visit of the school, please contact Mrs Wright, Head teacher’s PA to book a place for one of the sessions.
Barking Abbey is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and is an Equal Opportunities Employer. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and a comprehensive screening process, including Disclosure check, will be undertaken on all successful applicants.
Barking Abbey School
Barking and Dagenham
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Barking Abbey is a heavily over-subscribed split site secondary school in the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham, and has a well-deserved reputation for its friendly and supportive atmosphere and its excellent academic achievements. With a large ...