JFS SCHOOL, THE MALL, KENTON, HARROW, HA3 9TE
Executive Headteacher: Deborah Lipkin
Headteacher: Simon Appleman
Roll: 2,000 (incl. 600 in Sixth Form)
Tel: 020 8206 3100
Fax: 020 8206 3103
Head of Year (Years 7 – 11)
With specialism in English, Maths, Business or Economics desirable
MPS/UPS PLUS TLR 1E
We are looking for an inspirational and outstanding practitioner with the vision and drive to provide strategic leadership to this exciting area, with effect from September 2017 (Year Group to be agreed).
Key responsibilities will include:
· To be responsible for the overall academic progress and pastoral care of a Year Group, working in partnership with a Pastoral Support Officer.
· To lead staff and students with the objective of ensuring that all students in the Year Group make at least good progress.
· To lead the year team and tutors to ensure effective support for all students both in their studies, and pastorally.
· To promote high expectations and achievement for all.
· To systematically monitor and evaluate students’ academic attainment and progress, behaviour and welfare.
· To reward students in accordance with the School’s Rewards policy.
· To identify students who are progressing below expectations, improve their levels of performance and ensure access to a range of interventions.
For an application pack, please visit our website (www.jfs.brent.sch.uk)
Closing date for applications: noon on Wednesday 24 May 2017.
Interviews will take place on 25 and 26 May 2017.
Please note that CVs alone will not be accepted.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. The appointment will be subject to pre-employment checks, including satisfactory Enhanced Level DBS clearance.